• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ozzy Bear's Lonely...

Bunnie_Mummy

Young Bun
Hi all,

Im new to this forum so :wave:

My big bunnys called Ozzy, I cant tell you my name as we live in rented student house, which isnt allowed pets, and if my land lord finds out.... bye bye :(
Ozzy is a Black giant french lop. Weve had him for about a year hes neuted and has a great sense of humour! atm hes quite moody, and can be quite stroppy at times :) But we love him non-the-less.
He's a house rabbit and has a large indoor cage too, with his litter tray and "sir humps-alot" teddy which was named before he was neuted! He's quite a lazy rabbit and doesnt do alot, only steeping out to either jump on my bed or attempt to get my uni books and folder in the corner of my room. He knows when hes been naughty and cheekly attemps to push mummy and daddy that little bit further until we get up.

He seems a happy bunny and is always cleaning himself and sir humps-alot and his blanket too.

However Id like to get another rabbit to bond with him as I feel sometimes when I look at him he looks so lonely. We have thought about a nethie or a continental giant, and we really would like to reasue. We are based in Preston as students but live near Sheffield out of term.

I was thinking about a continetal giant only im abit worried about the space, Oz is a fairly large rabbit himself and I was wondering weather his cage would fit both in. So how big do they grow?

Thats all for now.

Mummy is now going to lay down and watch csi with her bunny whilst daddy finishes uni work :wave:

Hi!

How big is your cage and how much time does your bunny spend in there??
I graduated from UCLAN in 2005 (illustration) and still keep in touch with my lecturer. John the photography lecturer was very popular when I was there ;-)

I kept a houserabbit whilst at uni (secretly) and it was great apart from when we were due our inspection and I had to take her round to a friends house!

I had a houserabbit at uni. Do you ever have to hide him? The bigger the rabbit the harder it is to hide. :)

i have a giant conti and they get BIG. only my opinion but they grow much too big for a cage,even the biggest dog crates. Lola has free range of the kitchen on a night or if we are not in. the rest of the time she has the entire ground floor. But it's great that your considering getting Ozzy a friend as i'm sure he would love the company. If you have the room to have them free range i can't see it being a problem although it would be hard to hide two big bunnies:lol:

Sadly, I think you would probably find that a rescue would refuse to rehome a rabbit to you without the permission of your landlord, because as you have said yourself, should you be caught you would have to give them up :(

Back