• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im rehoming thumper.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimd6200

Banned
ive decided to rehome thumper.ive come to the conclusion thats im a **** bunny mummy so hes better off without me.he deserves someone that can give him the attention he deserves.i give him my love but thats not enough.with this myxi outbreak,when will be safe to rehome him?plz dont startt having ago again i just want wats best.i try help n things go wrong so hes better off without me.x:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

1) this is a spur of the moment decision which you will probably later regret
2) he now at the rik of Myxo so rehoming him now is not safe and no one will want to put their own buns at risk taking him.

my advice is to quarentine all rabbits for 2 + weeks re think then make your decision then.

i only have thumper!!!!!!it might be a spur of moment thing but i wont rehome him until hes been vet checked and i will get a copy of this to give to the rescue that has him as proof hes fit and healthy.x

If you are to rehome him, I would ensure that he is myxie vaccinated and 3 weeks are left between getting the vaccination done and being rehomed.

Rabbits are not protected until 14 days after being vaccinated.

Waiting at least 3 weeks post vaccination, is the best practice, before you rehome your rabbits, as a newly vaccinated rabbit has a compromised immune system, add this to the stress of moving a rabbit can result in a VERY POORLY RABBIT. By leaving 3 weeks following vaccination this provides Thumper with a better immune system and also allows for him to develop myxie if he has already been exposed to it.

Moving any rabbit with myxie will only further compromise their immune system.

I would keep him in quarentine if he has been around a bun with myxi and not rehome him yet, wait until he has been given a clean bill of health from the vet before considering him going anywhere near other rabbits.

he was vacs a while ago.x

If Thumper was vaccinated previously I would not rehome him for another 2 weeks to allow for him to show any signs of myxie, vaccinated rabbits can still get myxie but however dispaly far fewer symptoms.

right ok thanks.ill give him another month then take him back the vets then look for a new home.nobody will take him off here so dont know where go to.x:cry:

i could take him but couldnt keep him like i could take him get him fully vacc i.e vacc againt VHD ince Myxo has already been done and get him neutered then find a forever home for him from there....

i have 2 gardens so he could go in my front garden well away from my 3.... im orry if people are going to call me toopid and everything but i really dont want him going on preloved :cry:

I really think you should wait for a while before decideing to rehome thumper you might regret it i can tell from your posts that you really care for thumper so please take some time and really think through your descision

I really think you should wait for a while before decideing to rehome thumper you might regret it i can tell from your posts that you really care for thumper so please take some time and really think through your descision

thats what i was trying to say as well :) but if say in a few weeks Kim still feels she wants to rehome thumper and she has problems doing this my offers there to take him and get him neutered and everything and then find him teh perfect home :)

thats what i was trying to say as well :) but if say in a few weeks Kim still feels she wants to rehome thumper and she has problems doing this my offers there to take him and get him neutered and everything and then find him teh perfect home :)

I think it is very nice of you to offer thumper a home should kim decide to rehome him :)

I think it is very nice of you to offer thumper a home should kim decide to rehome him :)

i think this is the most sensible option - however, regrettably i don't think it will stop Kim getting more buns to neglect (oops - forget to innoculate) in the future - just wondering when will all the olive branches cease. Its the innocent, defenseless buns i feel sorry for - especially the ones at risk by certain people doing Kim the last favour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back