• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay!

kerina

Warren Scout
:wave:

Yes it is yet another hay thread!!

My buns are both quite good hay eaters and I pride myself on being able to spot what I class as good hay. I always pick the greenest thickest stranded bags of hay from my local farm shop.

However I sent OH at the weekend to get me a couple of bags. He came back with two bags of what doesn't look like very good hay to me. It is very fine and it is brown rather than green. It doesn't smell of much at all and looks a bit dusty too.

Not his fault - apparently our farm shop appears to have changed owners :rolleyes:

Anyway, my question is this - my bunnies are still eating this rubbish looking hay! I didn't think they'd go near it . I gave them some this morning as I have nothing else and sent OH off to a different farm shop to get some of their hay in the hope that it is better.

Have just spoke to him and he says he got home with the new hay (not much better by all accounts) and went out to the buns and they are both tucking into the rubbish stuff with no problems!

Am I wrong - is this hay really the kind of thing they like? Or should I be continuing my search for the green coarse stuff I have always given them?

Sorry for the mega long post

Kerina

Back