• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Delilha has Osteo Mylitis (sp)

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Yes do not ask me to spell it!! This is the same bone abcess as Oakley and Jack had only Delilhas is in the front sinus! She has had a very sore eye all week and has been on baytril but the eye didn't clear so she went to the vets today for an X-ray. Hazel has had to give her another dental (she only had one 5 weeks ago) and has flushed the puss from the eye as best she can. We're going to bring Delilha home and she's to be on Baytril, eye drops and metacam and see if we can keep her comfortable until she decides she's had enough.
I don't know if im going to bring her in the house yet as Delilha is blind and very fearful of the unknown. But the house would certainly be alot less drafty for a bun with a sore eye!
Ah well just another day at Phillipas!

Poor Bun :cry:
Would your Vet consider prescribing Ceporex ( Cephalexin) instead of Baytril. Cephalexin has good tissue penetration *including bone*

Janex

Thanks guys. She's home and seems fine, she's bouncing about as usual anyway! i will just ahve to see how she goes x

Back