• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Replacing ramp in Rydale hutch

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My new Rydale hutch came with a hugely steep ramp that the buns were scared to use...so I spent this evening replacing it with something a bit more bunny-friendly...a small shelf which the buns can jump onto, with a smaller ramp leading up to the second floor.

Crunchie has already mastered the new set-up :D

Amy

Sounds perfect Amy - it's one thing I always look out for when getting a new hutch, some of the ramps are ridiculously steep

I found that adding 'sides' to the ramp makes them fine - more burrow like - I think it is the open sides rather than the actual steepness which is the problem.

We need pictures!!!! :D By the end of this year Sunnie will probably have eaten the ramp in our hutch. :lol: She and Cloud can get up and down quite fast, especially when it's feeding time or Sunnie wants to avoid being caught.

Will try to get some photos this weekend :D Didn't bother trying last night because it was pitch black by the time I'd finished.

I know everybody else buns probably use ramps with no problem, but mine always have to be difficult :roll:

Amy

Here are the photos of the new platform and smaller ramp. I'm happy to report that both rabbits are using the new set-up without difficulty.

n.b. the bar of wood underneath the platform is to give it a bit of stability and stop it vibrating when the rabbits jump on or off.

Side view:

000_1899.jpg

Underneath view:

000_1898.jpg

Back