• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Domestic Violence

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Theo and Cleo.........

They have had a rocky marriage - but still very often - they chase each other, stamp and pull a bit of fur. They have lived together for about 8 months now and there has never been any blood / cuts or scratches.

Its usually that Theo gets too Close to Cleo, she runs and he instinctively chases. She stamps - he stops in his tracks and thats it. They mainly ''argue'' like this when food is first put down or shen i go up to the hutch.

Do any other wed-buns suffer Domestic Abuse, and does it mean they can still be happy and in love even though they feud like this?? They still lick each other daily and sit side by side in the sun.

Are they happy?

yup......Honey is a thug and will go for rosie at every opportunity but then sometimes their best friends and enjoy a snuggle. Sooty is generally ok and loves rosie to bits but will chase if she makes a sudden move near him. Rosie generally doesn't help herself as she's so skittish, I think the others think she wants to play, when really she's scared. I am think of giving her rescue remedy everyday to calm her down.

alvin is constantly trying to force pearl to do the dirty.... poor girl is very abused, ive tried telling him shes not his possesion but he just ignores me :(

Herb and Holly are the same (tho Holly isn't spayed - 2nd attempt in two weeks time :().

They are like a bickering middle aged couple, might have to rename them Jack and Vera!

Poor Rosie is increasingly left out so hubby has agreed to split them and find a husbun for Rosie to be happy with :D

Vanessa xx

my two are the same. Had to pick up a huuuge handful of fur this morning from all over the shed and boo has a dent in his ear (kind of a scratch) but then they still groom each other and eat from the same bowl!! :rolleyes::roll::lol:

My lot are loved up 99% of the time but they do have 'issues' at times!

Smokey is very possesive of the heatpad and Inky tries to 'rock the kasbah' with her on occasion. They soon patch it up, I think it's quite normal for bunnies that are with eachother 24/7 to have to odd fall-out, it's not unusual for people either.

All three of my groups are lovely together until they get sight of a rabbit from another group, and then all hell breaks loose.:(
I like each set of rabbits to have free run of the garden every day, but spend so much time in having to cover the other rabbits runs so they can't see each other - it's a real pain.

Once they've had a fisticuffs though, things always settle back to normal

Alvin just boxed pearl square in the face and she just ran away :cry::cry::cry:

thats as domestic as it gets, poor little hunny told me she walked into the door even tho i witnessed the beating :shock::shock::shock:

i wonder should they get divorced would the rescue take alvin and not pearl back :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back