• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just done a bunny rescue U/D LUCYS HOME!!!!!!

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Jst done a bunny rescue..what a sorry state the poor girl is in (Named by me and my niegbhour,Lucy!)
We had heard the rabbit wasnt being fed,and was left in a box so small it had to squash itself up to turn around,poor mite
anyway owner said it had a "dodgey leg" but was fine and quite a happy bunny!
WELL no, it was a complete different story when we got her home, shes so thin u can feel every bone in her body,and her back leg seems to be broken and the bone is sticking out! so sad,the foot of the bun is limp and she drags it around so niegbhour has rushed off to vets with it tonight as her other half drives! Also owner said "its deffo a boy.. weve had him to 3 vets who says hes a boy" well theres no plums and his bits certaintly look female :oops:
SOOO gunna have to take pictures for you :D shes such a gentle sweet girl! i hope they dont put her down,i know broken bones in rabbits are hard to repair :(
I must say,i posted about my niegbhour the other month because she didnt have a clue about buns and seemed to neglect hers,since giving her a care sheet,shes really improved and i was really shocked @ her helping me today! she was nearly in tears at the state of the bun,and thats sayin summit as shes a bit of a tuff nut!

Last edited:
Well done for saving the little bunny. Broken bones are not hugely hard to fix but it does depend on where they are. If its an older injury surgery may not be an option but I had a little 14 week olds femur pinned before now and she was fine (althopugh it was a tricky op.).

Oh dear! I am thinking that a broken leg with a bone sticking out is a tad more than "dodgy"...it's like BROKEN!:shock: They made it sound like a minor complaint on a car!!

I'm glad she/he is out of there poor little thing and that she/he is getting the benefit of vetinary care so soon after rescue.

Hoping all goes well for her. TP;)

sad thing is shes such a little sweetheart she really is, all she wanted when we got her home was some yummy food and huggles! she was odviously in :censored: pain tho, how could you NOT notice! its made me so angry it really has
Gunna try nd get pics 2morro when its light and shes back from vets so please send lots of healing vibes for little lucy!!

Well done for saving the little bunny. Broken bones are not hugely hard to fix but it does depend on where they are. If its an older injury surgery may not be an option but I had a little 14 week olds femur pinned before now and she was fine (althopugh it was a tricky op.).

By the looks of it sooz,its oldish because she has a scab when the bone has been coming thru and its healed

Well done on rescuing her:thumb:

I can`t believe thye`ve let her get into such a state!:cry::evil::evil:

Sending vibes that her leg can be helped...................

Su.x

Hope lucy gets well soon.

Sending Vibes

Do you know how she hurt her leg?

There not sure - I think shes been kicking @ something out of fright tho! the owners had her on top of an old washer, in a tiny back yar,so that will tell u how small the cage was if it was on top of a washer.. with space to spare!

God, it's enough to make you want to cry:

"sad thing is shes such a little sweetheart she really is, all she wanted when we got her home was some yummy food and huggles!"

I'm surprised she's so very trusting and good natured considering the appalling way she's been treated!:(

All the vibes I can muster in the healing department.

TP;)

I had a rabbit that snapped its back leg in two - silly bun dived into a beech hedge and left a leg behind.:shock:

They pinned it and bandaged it with a splint and she was fine - :)

Well done for rescuing the poor mite - hope she is okay. Am sending lots of vibes

Thanks everyone!! :) ill get some piccies or you all 2morro,still no word back from whats going on @ vets :(
Im suprised shes been so trusting aswell teepee!

if it can't be pinned then it can always be amputated - I had a rear leg amputee after a similar situation (broken leg left to deteriorate, then dumped on a rescue_. She got around really well and was a really really fantastic bun. Lived many years of happy life.

So DON"T despair if it can't be pinned.

Back