• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attachable pen too Dog crate!

I have heaps of them for the dogs but will sure come in handy for the rabbit when i finally get it...

They are great and come in handy for a lot of things ebay is a great place to pick them up as they are reasonably priced compared to shops etc..

Easy to take down and resize to how big an area and the beauty of it just attach it to the side of the hutch with just a dog clip very simple.

Just beware as they're easily jumpable. Some buns won't bother but some will constantly jump out unless you cover it with something!

We will put a cover over the top as don't want to risk it or her even trying as she may hurt herself!:roll:

the listing has ended but i have a six sided dog pen on my 42" crate and i liek it a lot. its attached with cable ties on one side and those clippy things from clipboards on the other so its easy to fold out of the way when im home and shes allowed out. :D

I used to use pens attached to a dog crate.. i got two, took some clips out of both so that i had two long pieces of fence, then i cable tied them together and onto the dog crate.. that way you dont have to keep taking them off as you can just open the door of the pen ;) Heres a piccy when i first had it.. They dont have the crate now.. just a room with a piece of pen across near the door so i dont hit them when i go in
newpen1.jpg

i used to peg a bedsheet over the top but my two never attempted to escape

the listing has ended but i have a six sided dog pen on my 42" crate and i liek it a lot. its attached with cable ties on one side and those clippy things from clipboards on the other so its easy to fold out of the way when im home and shes allowed out. :D

There others you can get from ebay the same, and we would put a cover over the top whether it some type of netting or a sheet.

We would need to put it away when we are in so need it easily fold awayable and easy to attach and unattach to the crate! Gonna look around on ebay and shops to find best fit!

There others you can get from ebay the same, and we would put a cover over the top whether it some type of netting or a sheet.

We would need to put it away when we are in so need it easily fold awayable and easy to attach and unattach to the crate! Gonna look around on ebay and shops to find best fit!

mine is six panels 63cm square, its nice to fold it away so theres no pen cluttering up your living space :lol: i can take pics of how mine is set up if you want.

mine is six panels 63cm square, its nice to fold it away so theres no pen cluttering up your living space :lol: i can take pics of how mine is set up if you want.

Piccies Yes please.

Do you have a door on your pen. It would be easier if we did not have a door because ours is going to have to be an odd shape due to a unit that is just infront and to the side of her crate, so the door of her crate opens to the left and goes against the unit. Prefer to have a pen that we can connect the end panels on each side of the front of her crate!

I am liking this idea very much - I am thinking that I may very well get hold of some dog crates in case I need seperate my 2 (when I get them) before spay/neuter and also for afterwards if girl/boy...very handy.:)

I used to use pens attached to a dog crate.. i got two, took some clips out of both so that i had two long pieces of fence, then i cable tied them together and onto the dog crate.. that way you dont have to keep taking them off as you can just open the door of the pen ;) Heres a piccy when i first had it.. They dont have the crate now.. just a room with a piece of pen across near the door so i dont hit them when i go in
newpen1.jpg

i used to peg a bedsheet over the top but my two never attempted to escape

What size was that dog crate a 42" or a 48"

She will only have the pen there if we go out and at night time when we are in bed!

I suppose we could get anyone of these and cut the clips so can open it up an put either end each side of dog crate so don't have to have crate door to pen door which makes it awkward for us and bunnie as there is a unit by her crate

I am liking this idea very much - I am thinking that I may very well get hold of some dog crates in case I need seperate my 2 (when I get them) before spay/neuter and also for afterwards if girl/boy...very handy.:)

if the crate is big enough and depending on size of buns you can buy a divider to go inside the crates

Piccies Yes please.

Do you have a door on your pen. It would be easier if we did not have a door because ours is going to have to be an odd shape due to a unit that is just infront and to the side of her crate, so the door of her crate opens to the left and goes against the unit. Prefer to have a pen that we can connect the end panels on each side of the front of her crate!

here you go - not the most exciting setup but it works for me :) its just six linked panels with no door.

Here is the pen attached to the crate - sorry youll have to twist your head, i forgot to rotate it :oops:

penshots003.jpg

here is the left hand side where its tied on with cable ties:

penshots004.jpg

here is the right where its clipped on for easy undoing: (sorrel guarding against trespassers!!)

penshots005.jpg

and here ive concertinad it up and clipped against the side of the crate to stop it falling over.

penshots006.jpg

Cluttlerydraw that is a smashing set up! Thats what we are aiming for aswell!

Can I ask where you got that pen and what the dimensions of the pen panels are as in height and width? and what size is your dog crate!

and...............

How much did you pay for it and how long ago did you get!

ta :D its a 42" crate and the panels are 63cm sqaure - sorry for the mixed measurements those are the ones I remember off the packaging :oops: i got them both from pets at home and they were stupidly expensive - i think the crate was £60 and the pen was £40 or something - you could get these much cheaper online but i don't have a credit card and cant wait in for delivery so had no choice. i got it exactly two weeks after christmas :D

clips 50p from newsagents ;) and there is vinyl from wilkinsons on the floor of the pen in case carpet chewing occurs :lol:

ta :D its a 42" crate and the panels are 63cm sqaure - sorry for the mixed measurements those are the ones I remember off the packaging :oops: i got them both from pets at home and they were stupidly expensive - i think the crate was £60 and the pen was £40 or something - you could get these much cheaper online but i don't have a credit card and cant wait in for delivery so had no choice. i got it exactly two weeks after christmas :D

clips 50p from newsagents ;) and there is vinyl from wilkinsons on the floor of the pen in case carpet chewing occurs :lol:

I have seen these in our local pets at home! bunnies 42" crate cost £50 from pets at home!

I shall go have a lookie!

Cheers for your help!

I have seen the pen made by Hi-Control! £29.99 in Jollies.

Have your buns ever tried to lift it up or ever escaped either under or over it!

Back