• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

care sheet for bunny sitters?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
what would you/have you put on a care sheet to leave with friends/family who look after your buns while youre away?
Im not at a complete loss ;) I just want to make sure I've not missed out anything.

i normally leave a sheet for my lovely neighbours who look after the buns when we're away! it includes-
all feeding info-who gets what and how much etc
how to get them back in the run if they get out into the garden....
where the spare keys to the run are kept in case they are lost!
vet telephone number
and although my Dad doesn't know this-his telephone number in case of any unexpected expense at vets :)
and my mobile number..........depending on where i am............

yeh im abit the same just going away for the weekend think im going to pop them in boarding. Id put on there your usual daily routine with the bunnies, food, excercise, cleaning out ect. Also most important contact numbers incase of emergency or just if they need advise :)

When I left for Bulgaria last year I just told my neighbor how much pellets they ate:roll: and told them to make sure they had hay and water, they have a rabbit themselves so they're not all blank, theirs live in a dog run all day... so when I came back they told me they had taken Sasuke out in the run a few times:D, they hadn't taken out Zakura though, as I had told them she could be a bit feisty...I'm not too fuzzed with strangers trying to handle her,she's mean enough when I try:roll:

Back