• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drying Wooden Hutches?? (Please answer soon)

Kibbles

Mama Doe
About to clean out Starsky's hutch, but this time Im giving it a biig scrub. How long does it take to dry? :shock:

Depends on how warm or windy it is outside, and how wet it gets.

Probably a couple of hours?

You could put a fan heater or hairdryer inside to speed up the drying time.

Amy

Maybe half an hour to an hour it depends on how wet you get the hutch and what the weather is like where you are:)

:lol: I have visions of this extension lead running the length of a garden with a hairdryer attached to the end now!!:lol:

I washed out my new hutch the other day (it was obviously clean and unused but I figured "in case") - dried out quite speedily considering the amount of water I poured all over it! I too would guess a few hours (but I had a wind to help me;))

Also, erm... Where do I put starsky?!? :shock: I thought he'd go in his run until the thing was clean but...
I don't have a carrier or anything like that, or a spare hutch... and he cant be in the house for that long either because I have to tend to the hutch. :oops:

Wouldn't he enjoy being in his run? Is it very cold were you are?
Maybe in his run some of the time and in the house the rest??;)

Wouldn't he enjoy being in his run? Is it very cold were you are?
Maybe in his run some of the time and in the house the rest??;)

It's quite cold here but not as bad as it was earlier; It's nowhere near snowing and I think now its warmed up a bit.
Even in the house I dont know where to put him because whenever he *is* in the house then I have to be with him, which means he cant run around the house; although he does enjoy the staircase, however he has to be supervised then...

I guess I'll have him in the run while I clean the hutch, in his big cardboard box (he never chews it :shock:) while I clean the run(don't worry, it takes about a minute to do as all I have to do is sweep up) and in the house while I wait for the hutch to dry.
Thanks much!

Sasha:wave:

I hope Starsky appreciates his hutch "spring clean" with all the worry he's causing you!:D

I would think he'd be fine in his run myself - better there and safe then hopping all about your house causing mischief as you try to dry his cage through use of hairdryer and curling tongs!!:lol:

I hope Starsky appreciates his hutch "spring clean" with all the worry he's causing you!:D

I would think he'd be fine in his run myself - better there and safe then hopping all about your house causing mischief as you try to dry his cage through use of hairdryer and curling tongs!!:lol:

:lol: Thank you.

Im sure he wont appreciate it, as he's still got his straw and hay for bedding; got to order that Profleece still, so since he's not litter-trained yet I have a feeling I'll be doing this whole thing again next week. :roll:

yeh i would let him be in the run he will love it my two are currently binkying round the garden as we speak!lol

Oh dear! If you are likely to have to go through the whole "to-do" weekly I suggest that you raid your nearest hairdressers for supplies!:D

That's the thing with pets - appreciation never enters their little furry heads!:lol:

Back