• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Felicity Needs Vibes Please.......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This morning Felicity, my Lionhead, had a massive seizure. It came completely out of the blue. Once she has recovered from the fit I am to call Christabel again ( already spoken with her once) to discuss treatment.

Good grief this is a horrible shock :cry:

Janex

Oh no, poor Felicity :(

Does she seem to be recovering from it?

Yep, she appears completely OK now :?
She had nystagmus for about half an hour after the seizure but that's stopped now.
I wonder if this is a 'Lionhead Fit' :?
Apparently Lionheads are prone to them :?

Any Lionhead Breeders about ?

Janex

Yep, she appears completely OK now :?
She had nystagmus for about half an hour after the seizure but that's stopped now.
I wonder if this is a 'Lionhead Fit' :?
Apparently Lionheads are prone to them :?

Any Lionhead Breeders about ?

Janex

That's good news :D

I agree with you about the lionhead thing. My Lily lionhead had regular seizures, and I fostered a young lionhead who was a compulsive groomer and died suddenly in his new home (possibly a seizure?).

I've also know a couple of lionheads who self-mutilated...chewed their own toes and pulled out claws (ouch!) :(

That's good news :D

I agree with you about the lionhead thing. My Lily lionhead had regular seizures, and I fostered a young lionhead who was a compulsive groomer and died suddenly in his new home (possibly a seizure?).

I've also know a couple of lionheads who self-mutilated...chewed their own toes and pulled out claws (ouch!) :(

:shock: Poor Bunnies

I guess it must be to do with the Lionhead gene :? The gene for the mane can also cause seizures :?

Where are all the Breeders when you need them !! :lol:

Janex

Hope Felicity is feeling better.

We have three lionheads and was happily oblivious to potential problems with them :(

Any extra information would be most appreciated.

Vanessa xx

Thanks for the link Jane.

It was interesting to find out more.

One of our girlies reacted badly under anaesthetic last week so her spay didn't take place :( but otherwise we have had no problems.

Hoping Felicity is back to normal now,
Vanessa xx

Back