• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fudge's Being Neutred....Eek! Wibble

FudgesMummy

Warren Scout
Morning all :wave:

Very wibblie Bunny Mummy this morning. My little boy goes for de-googling this morning and Im terrified by it all.

Have already been down for a cuddle when I went to get coffee, little darling was orange coloured on his feet again (looks like his nipped his scrotal sack with his teeth again so blood on his playmat etc)..this is a common thing with him...however I need to give him a wash down there when he has settled down a little as he has got poop matter in his bits....ggggrrrrrrrr Talk about stress his mummy out even more.:cry:

I have to take him in for 9.30am and then go into work and try and keep myself busy...had been offered the day off but couldnt cope with being at home without the little fella!:cry::cry::cry:

I just want 5.30pm to come and I should be bringing my little fella home....just hope Im doing the right thing.I love everything he does-his binkies, his buzzing, his flopping,even his pinching my snack-jacks!:love::love:

Well time I went to get our breakfasts ready and face a totally terrifying day!

Awww i know its an awful feeling but i'm sure he will be fine and home with you before you know it. sending you lots of vibes. just try and keep busy and time will fly past:D

oh i know how it feels, i phoned the vets so many times when joey went think they thought i was mad!! haha got to have saffy done in 3 weeks, not looking forward to it! Good Luck

Aww my advice is to keep busy and not to worry, he's in good hands! :)

I was so worried all morning, I rang the vet at lunchtime and everything was okay! When I got him home though he was just so sleepy and not himself but by morning was back to his normal self!

:D:D:D
Very happy and full of relief mummy.

Rang the vets at 3pm to be informed he was very well, had done exactly what they wanted and was ready for home...sadly he had to wait til nearly 6pm as I got delayed at work...so much for early finish!

Fudge is a little dopey but has inspectedthe living room and his home and is currently munching cauliflower floret as I type.

We go back on Thursday morning for his post-op check but Jim said all is very well, they did his teeth too and checked his interesting urine sample/kidneys but seems his urine issues may be hormone or diet related.

Thank you all so much for the calming and positive vibes...I was so much more relaxed once I called to be told he was fine and had all his nurses giggling at his personality!

Well Im off to snuggle up with a bunny...we've had a few poop mishaps but I will let him off tonight...

Awww! I am so glad all turned out well - I bet you are very pleased to have him home again safe and well.:D

Glad to hear he is doing well. I 've just booked Sammy in for the snip next week.

Im really nervous as Sammy doesnt like to be handled, I know the vets are professionals but I still worry about how there going to sedate him without a fuss being made. Is fudge ok at being handled?

Hi K and Sammy :wave:

Fudge has his moments with regards to being handled but given his bunny check-ups and urine tract infection the vets are pretty used to how he behaves from skittish to totally loving to a pain in the fluffy behind.

He has has a quiet evening-I've been busy with phonecalls and catching up on bad telly whilst eatin pizza :rolleyes: Just taken me 30mins or so to prise from a zombie sort of state snoozing under the sofa into the safety of his playpen and house for the rest of the night...nearly moved his playpen upstairs to my own but decided to let him be a big brave boy.

He keeps falling asleep midway doing things...he had a mouthful of cauliflower early and just dropped off for a snooze with his head in his food dish......hope he doesnt have too much of a hangover type feeling in the morning.

I'm sure Sammy will be fine-and I know that is definately easier said than listened to but it's only natural to worry as their our babies. :love:

Back