• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when can I introduce pellets again?

JoLB

Warren Scout
Bluebell had an upset tummy last Thurs / Friday (I did another post with yukky pics!) and the vet said to keep her on hay and water for a few days, no pellets or greens.

I also had some fibreplex to give her, most of which kept ending up on the floor. She is a slippery rabbit!

She and Barney are acting like they have never been fed before. So when can I start introducing pellets again...and how much each time?

If they have been fine over the weekend. It should be ok to start reintroducing their pellets again now. I would only give them a few today (about a tenth of their normal amount) and slowly up the amount each day until they are back to their old amount. I am sure that you only normally feed them about 100g maximum between them a day, do keep them to this maximum amount and promote their feeding of hay which is all very helpful to the gut.

Thanks Janice. I just gave them a few pellets, and they acted like they haven't been fed in a week :roll:

They know how to make me feel guilty!

U/D - they are now throwing things (including food bowl) out of their hutch...think that's a hint? :lol:

Back