• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Agoraphobic bunnies.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Marley and Fiver have been living in my bedrom for a few days now. They are in an indoor crate but whenever I am home the door is always open, the problem is unless I am in the room they wont come out.

The bedroom is not an ideal place for me to be stuck all day/night so I have been bribing them out with food and treats but I dont want to shut them out as their litter training is not too good.

They will come out when I walk past the crate dor and follow me about the room and will sit with me if I am on the floor. Fiver even tries to run out the door with me when I leave but everytime i go back in they are in the crate again.

Will they get braver eventually? I assume they are happy in there but its very odd that they seem afraid of the space.

I think they will get the idea soon.
I got Zorro a week ago & he is already getting the idea, he's even started putting himself to bed when he's tired:)
If there's two together in the crate, I guess they might each be waiting for the other one to take the first brave steps!!:?

Well they spent all night making up for lost time running riot round the bed :roll: because they knew I was in the room.

As soon as I got up they put themselves away :lol:

I had Maa in my bedroom for a couple of months when she had her eye op - she was very timid in there - just sat in her crate or under the bed, and never ventured out onto the landing once. Admittedly she had only one eye, but you wouldn't have known it when I put her downstairs and opened the back door :lol: Tia also hated living indoors - she just sat in one spot, and once her crate was in the kitchen wouldn't come out at all for 2 weeks :shock:

Do you think its that they dont like being inside then? :shock:

Ungrateful little sods :lol:

I've got two houserabbits....had both since very young and while my buck is more confident and will come out of their room (they have their own double bedroom with just their stuff in) my doe will not cross the line!!! I've had them both almost 18 months and she has actually come out of the room by choice on all of two occasions!! I find it very frustrating as I don't want her to just see the same four walls all of the time but she is just so shy. She was six weeks old when she came to me from the rescue, had been practically hand reared but will just not let me even touch her. She will happily climb all over me if I sit down with her but I'm not allowed to pet her :shock: I don't mind her being like that but I would love for her to have more confidence and come out of the room on her own accord. :(

These two are most certainy not shy, as I said they like to follow me about and try to follow me from the room. Its something about the empty space they dont seem to like...they were fine when living outside.

Strange creatures.

Back