• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destiny doesn't half know how to scare me!

Don't worry, she's safe now but....

So both Charm and Destiny have full run of my house 24/7 (except my bedroom and kitchen when I'm out or asleep), and I went out with the girls last night to let our hair down and stuff, which I really needed. So I spent the night at their house and my gal drove me home in the morning, came in for a tour of the house. Well she was fascinated with how big the bunnies were and how they kept following us around. Then we went back up into the kitchen and nattered before she left.

Anyways Destiny is my naughty bunny, shes into everything, eating anything she can find, divebombing at you and getting in places she shouldn't. Only I can't find her anywhere. So I put Charm in his hutch and I can't hear her. Now my house is all hard flooring so you can usually hear the buns.

Well I start to get frantic, what if she's hurt somewhere? I hunt in all her hiding places, under the bed, in all my cubbords, in my wardrobe. NOTHING!

Oh DAMN! I was stood on the doorstep giving heffy directions home! We're both shell shocked from the music and I'm still drunk! Destiny has to have gotten out! I never heard her but I can't find her in my house so she has to have right? Where else could she be?

So I go to my neighbours and alert them that my house bunny has probably gotten out of the house somehow and to keep their eyes open. Search my back garden, have a look down the road and out back. No sigh. I went inside and text the two bunny people I have numbers too and get advice from one, the other comes over with my dad. Again the house is searched by three of us. No sign!

So I print off some posters and head out, cover the street I live on, the park (which we also searched), the road at the side of my house and even went down to the grocery shop to put a poster in the window. No sign!

Well there was nothing else we could do. My sister and dad head off to the local pet shelter and I head to bed, absolutly terrified for my bunny but I'd not slept since 6 the previous night and the alcohol was making me really bad. I sat there crying and praying that she turns up safe and sound for a good ten minutes. Then I pull my duvet over me and....

A sleepy bunny rabbit looks up and her eyes say "Please put that back over me I was warm!" The poor bunny had somehow managed to get under the duvet without disturbing anything on my bed (And there was a lot of stuff on there from my getting ready) and there wasn't any trace she was under there. No bump or anything!

She's never been so hugged and kissed and cried on in her life I swear!

So I rang my dad to tell him I'd found her and not to bother with the posters, and went to text sooz who I'd also asked for advice and I'd run out of credit (I was texting America till like 6am). Took Destiny round to my neighbours and told them I'd found her. They gave her a load of fusses too and Destinys just sat there saying "Do you mind? I WAS trying to sleep!" But I was so relieved to find her I didn't want to let go just yet.

So now she's in my living room telling Charm what an evil bunny mommy I am for waking her up from her comfy bed.

Well I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow (4 hours sleep for me). I've now gotta go take down the posters from the shop window and the pub when I go home tomorrow.

That bunny doesn't half know how to scare me :rolleyes: I'm not going out drinking again for a good while now. Man I was so scared!

Last edited:
Ooo. I cant believe it. I was going to reply saying- I will look for he because Im in Sheffield too.- But I am so relieved now!

Thank God you found her!

I cvant believe the naughty bun was in your bed the whole time. She scared me to death!

Worse was that I couldn't come and help look for her due to being a few hours into a bonding.

Oh yeah, I should totally put at the top not to worry.

Oh I was overwhealmed with relief. I mean I don't live on any busy roads, I live up a dead end and the one behind my house is pretty empty too, but there was so much that could have happened. It's been a real wake up call I can tell you. I'm now looking at putting a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs so if she ever plays "Scare the mommy" again I'll know she's not got out through the door.

Thanks for the thought though. ^_^

You and me both Sooz. I got my sister and dad to come though. But I mean while me and her were out hunting her, dad was still hunting in the house. I was searching for like 3 hours for her! They were searching for 2 and a half. We were convinced she was either hurt or out! She NEVER stays still for that long.

Yep baby gate soon!

I was just going to suggest using a baby gate on the stairs for her. Thankfully I have an internal door to shut my lot in.

Well my landlord fixed my internal doors now, but I was in and around so I was letting them have fun running from one room to t'other. So the internal doors were open, I never thought to shut my kitchen door *headdesk* The scare's taught me the lesson though. I shall be on argos website tonight looking at baby gates, then measuring the staires when I get in to see how big and off to argos probably teusday morning.

They do sell baby gates right? If not there's a mother care, mother and baby? That baby shop down by London road and meadowhall. *determined*

That's what I was thinking.

Oh by the way, Destiny and I have really bonded, I was laying on the sofa watching horror movies the other night and the most awesomest thing happened! She jumped onto me, laid with me in my duvet and started giving me bunny kisses! I felt so loved! I was going to tell you today as I've not been online since. Thought you may like to know ^_^

She has always been a very people orientated rabbit, she looks so good in your siggy picture, nothing like the blob on legs that arrived here a few months ago :shock:

Yeah, when I first got her she was lovely, I mean day one the three of us were flaked out on the floor, the buns nestled into my sides and watching home alone :p Yeah I'm crazy rabbit lady. But she's always been a bit dubious about me when I'm trying to give her attention, like she'd jump up onto the sofa, come for fusses, then run away as soon as I moved. She's only gotten closer to me now. And she's great with charm...although she's a randy ******, she keeps mounting him. They play ring around the roses trying to mount each other at the same time on occassion :p Daft bunnies. If it starts getting too boisterous I just reach out and they seperate.

She looks perfect ^_^ She's such a beautiful bunny. And she's so content. I'm actually going to convert my siggy into a cross stitch chart and put it above the fireplace (Where the cages were in the home check, they're on another wall now).

It would make a fab cross stitch piccie. I used to do that when I was younger, had one for all my pets that had died.

I would be forever making one nowdays :(

I have plenty of time for stitching as Im allowed to do it whilst at work. I've never stitched my pets before. I'm doing mom a chinchilla as a late mothers day present. I have to get the software to convert the photo, Or I have to make puppy eyes at my stitching forum and ask them to do it. Then I'm doing my buns, then the piggies. Putting the buns in the middle with a piggy above and to the side and another below and to t'other side.

At least that's the plan. Giong to do the buns first as it's going to be the bigger of the three. *hugs sooz* It would be nice to have piccies of them all done.

Back