• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggling/Burrowing

Cob-Web

Warren Scout
No matter what I provide Flops and Tops for snuggling in, they use it as a toilet!

I want to make sure they have somewhere warm they can snuggle into, but it doesn't seem to be what they want at all :roll: I have tried putting loads of hay at one end of the hutch, using shredded paper - providing a separate "trug" filled with hay; but they always pee in it :roll:

I know it's early days, but since I re-arranged their living quarters so that they have permanent access to the run, they seem to only go up into the hutch to pee/poo.......:(

Should I leave them to it, or has anyone got any suggestions on what I can try so that they have somewhere to "snuggle" when the temperature drops? :?

How about a dog/cat bed or vet bed? Something that's not hay/straw/paper so they won't associate it with going toilet. Might be worth a try.

How about a dog/cat bed or vet bed? Something that's not hay/straw/paper so they won't associate it with going toilet. Might be worth a try.

I wondered about a "soft" cat bed - but am a bit concerned that they will chew it :? I guess I could pick up a cheap one and try it out, thanks :)

They have vetbed in the bottom of the carrier that I take them to the vets in - they pee'd on it :lol:

cob-web have you tried to provide when with a litter tray adn get them piddling etc in that.....sort fo litter train them for the hutch and then think about getting them all snuggled?

It might take some patience but maybe worth a try?

cob-web have you tried to provide when with a litter tray adn get them piddling etc in that.....sort fo litter train them for the hutch and then think about getting them all snuggled?

It might take some patience but maybe worth a try?

Yup, I'm trying the litter tray thing - I have been putting trays in the spots that they pee, but they move their spot to avoid the litter tray :roll: I'll keep going, but am a bit worried about them getting cold; there is frost on the ground again this morning, and I am fairly sure they spent all night outside on the concrete, despite having a hutch to retreat to :?

Back