• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upset thumping bunnies

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
We just had a heron in our garden. Luckily I saw it land so I could chase it away before it got near the pond. I am doing some work aorund the pond, so I removed the net for the afternoon. The heron thought it could have a quick lunch, I guess. We haven't lost any fish since last summer, and I want to keep it that way, grrrrrr.

Anyway, the bunnies were quite scared and little Cloud was thumping and zooming around in the run. The trio rushed up into their hutch and hid in the bedroom. Herons are bloody big when they are so close.

Oooooh, how horrid. Just goes to show they will take advantage so quickly. Glad you've still got a full head count in the pond. I've had a thumping bunny myself this afternoon, nothing as dramatic as a heron though. Peter got cross with me when I put him back in his hutch after a play in the run.:roll:

herons are huuuuge! we had one land on our fence one day and the crows were going mad.

my parents had trouble with one a couple of summers ago and lost nearly all of their fish. they have to keep the pond covered now.

I counted the fish, just in case, and they are all still there. Plus some frog double packs and a lonely croaking one. :lol:
Sunnie was so upset that it took me a while to catch her. Now that she has had her veggies, she is relaxing again.

Back