• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns Must Go As Getting a Dog-Gloucestershire

We could take 2 temporarily if somewhere is needed while travels arranged but were to our limit for permanent buns unfortunately:( But a warm loving place to stay for a few weeks is here if needed:) Were in Cheltenham btw

Oh just realised, were getting married in 3 weeks! Hehe. But we could keep them for a week maybe 2:)

Last edited:
That is terrible.I wish i could help but i am in Bournemouth.I have written to my local RSPCA offering to help with fostering but nobody seems to want me.I have a Lavender Lodge and run with huge garden available to temporary buns and i would be willing to care for any who are unwell indoors :D

Jackie

I thought maybe someone could get them before that happened :?
No room here and I am too far away :cry:

Janex

Do you really think its that bad? Have you spoken to the person? I mean if it is we could phone up right away and take a pair, things are hectic here with the wedding and also our eldest girl, Charlie, is about to go to the bridge (age 11):( But i hate to think of unneutered unwanted bunnies so close to home

Do you really think its that bad? Have you spoken to the person? I mean if it is we could phone up right away and take a pair, things are hectic here with the wedding and also our eldest girl, Charlie, is about to go to the bridge (age 11):( But i hate to think of unneutered unwanted bunnies so close to home

I dont necessarily think its a 'bad' situation. Just a shame that the Buns are no longer wanted due to the arrival of a new dog :cry:
I hope they are seperated into same sex groups but I guess maybe thats too much to expect.

Janex

:cry: That bunny looks just like my Beatrix bun.

I have a solution for them....DON'T GET A DOG AND KEEP YOUR FIRST RESPONSIBILITY THE RABBITS. Sorry. :cry:

I dont necessarily think its a 'bad' situation. Just a shame that the Buns are no longer wanted due to the arrival of a new dog :cry:
I hope they are seperated into same sex groups but I guess maybe thats too much to expect.

Janex

Yeah, sorry i worded that wrong, i meant i was wondering if they were neutered and split into same sex groups, but thinking about it further it may very well be too much to expect. I hate to imagine the girl, or the mother, getting pregnant again

I really think being sensible we could only take a pair into foster. Its no trouble as were so nearby. So if anybody at all can guarantee theyd be able to come and collect at a later date wed be happy to give them care until then, and neutering too

Please let us know if youre interested, anyone!

he looks just like my Pippin!

If they dont find a home for these bunnies and someone here does decide to take them in, I could possibly help with a bunny run.

I'm driving up to Coventry on the 4th April, and possibly earlier in March
- I could easily stop by Cheltenham. Not sure if this is any help!

We'll also have a free hutch in Coventry after the 8th of March for temporary accommodation for any bunnies.

he looks just like my Pippin!

If they dont find a home for these bunnies and someone here does decide to take them in, I could possibly help with a bunny run.

I'm driving up to Coventry on the 4th April, and possibly earlier in March
- I could easily stop by Cheltenham. Not sure if this is any help!

We'll also have a free hutch in Coventry after the 8th of March for temporary accommodation for any bunnies.

We could take a pair until youre able to get them up to Coventry and into that spare hutch perhaps? Wed make the journey ourselves but we dont have a car. Mind you if theyre both temp homes wed need someone to collect from Coventry...Anyone?

Yeah sorry - I'd better make that clear, i was only thinking of the hutch as a temporary stop-over on a bunny run, if someone offers a permanent home.

I cant offer it for more than a few nights at the moment as it's not my house! :oops: My mum (who lives there) is interested in fostering but obvously I cant commit her to anything without checking with her first. And I dont think she wants to commit to anything more than a few months at the moment.

I can ask her if she'd like to take them for a while - but in all honesty I think it would be much better if someone offers them a permanent home, whether it be from this forum or a response to the advert.

If they are coming up to Coventry at beginniing of April we would be albe to take them then...and I can collect from Covnetry quite easily
let me know if you need the spaces booked

Has anyone thought about asking Alice - she is in Gloucestershire. When I visited a couple of weeks ago she had 50 buns, but she did say that a few were due to go out shortly.

Has anyone thought about asking Alice - she is in Gloucestershire. When I visited a couple of weeks ago she had 50 buns, but she did say that a few were due to go out shortly.

I could ask...Were going to be sending an email her way today anyway as shes been looking after one of our old buns, Macy, before she goes to a new home. Ill let you know if she says she has room, if no-one else has asked already

Things have turned a bit too stressful here. I really wish we could take at least one as theyre in Cheltenham, or even a few into foster at least, but our old girl Charlie is off to the bridge today and im not sure how well cope:( Also our honeymoons a week long

Do hope these guys find a secure place to stay

I So wish I could help as I am just up the road, but I have my two buns in atm as one is getting over an illness so i don't think it would be appropriate. Such a shame.

Also the ad says they can be out door or indoor buns - does we know if they are out door or indoor atm as surely f they are indoors now its too cold for them to go out straight away? Just a question

Last edited:
Hi there

I'm new to this board! I have 1 rabbit - Percy age 1 1/2, and 2 girl guinea pigs.

I am looking for a friend for Percy to join him in his daily adventures around the garden and to keep him company at night. I'm a stay at home mum to 2 chidren aged 3 and 5, so Percy is out all day. He's really friendly and loves the children/people. He's very nosey and has to know what's going on! I live in Cheltenham and have emailed this lady tonight. Just so you know 1 will (hopefully) be going to a good home.

I found the advert through this website, so thank you!

I will let you know the outcome!

Caroline
x

Last edited:
Back