• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry - another bonding question

Becca6

Mama Doe
Bella and Tarquin have now been together almost 24 hours (at 10.30am it will be) after their slow bond all week. They'll be staying on the landing/bathroom most of today, before I put them in their joined up cages together.

There has been no aggression and both seem very relaxed this morning.

Could there still be problems when they go in a more confined space? Or can I assume that they're now bonded?

I can't keep them on the landing indefinitely and I have to go to work tomorrow so I need to feel confident about leaving them in their cages. As I have no experience of this, the final stage of them being together in two cages seems to be the scariest bit.

Breakfast is a bit of a worry too. No food aggression, but as usual Bell has scoffed hers, T has had a few and left the rest. I've moved them out of the way as I don't want Bell getting fat. Today I can hand-feed them to him, but I can't do that Monday to Friday. He may have to have his pellets in the evening instead.

Sorry for all the questions - I just want to make sure I get it right.

Put them into the new area now with a nice heap of greens and carrots in the middle. There might be a bit of hyper activity when they first go in but that's normal. When I moved Tim/Nigel(??) and Nia into their bigger space from the confines of the nero cage they seemed to take a step back but I held my nerve and it all settled down within the first hour. As for the feeding problem, you could get up a bit earlier and supervise their pellets, or just switch it to the evening. If you move them now, it'll give you a whole day to feel happy about them being there and be able to go off to work more confidently.

Back