PDA

View Full Version : We need some bonding vibes! U/D Home on Sunday.Yay!!!

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Lola is going to meet Rory today and have a hopefully romantic getaway in Sheffield for a few days under the watchful eye of Sooz:D If you have any spare vibes send them for Rory as Lola is a bossy boots:lol: We really hope everything goes great and we can bring them both home soon. I am going to miss having her in the house, tho I know she will be in good hands:D:D

Fran
24-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Ooh good luck :D Rory's gorgeous, hope Lola likes him! xx

Becca6
24-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Sending loads and loads of vibes your way. I hope it goes well and they'll soon return home to you.

My two have been together almost 24 hours after a slow bond all week - big test today when they have to move into their joined-up cages together.

I know just how you're feeling today but they couldn't be in better hands. :D

capel
24-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Good luck. There's no sight nicer than that of a pair of loved-up bunnies:lol:

SOAD
24-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Awwwwww good luck. :D

Leanne
24-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Good luck Rory and Lola!!!! :D

Indiechic
24-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Sending lots of vibes - i now know exactly how you are feeling...

my two have now been together almost 21 hours x

jpp
24-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Sending bonding vibes. Hope it goes well.

Sooz
24-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Lola is here and my she is a bolshy bunny, not at all phased by the cats and dog depsite never seeing any before. I am just nipping to tesco for supplies and will then be starting the bond this afternoon :)

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't think Lola will want to come home:lol: she seemed to love seeing all the animals and having a good old explore around. the house seems very empty without her! we shall eagerly await news. thanks sooz:D

Sooz
24-02-2008, 03:41 PM
So far its gone Rory humps Lola's head, Lola runs away, Rory humps Lola's side, Lola runs away, Rory humps Lola's bottom, Lola runs into a cat sized carry box and somehow fits :shock:

It sounds like a herd of elephants charging around the kitchen. Im perched precariously o the sideboard with the laptop onto of the microwave. :lol:

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 03:43 PM
is that a good sign?? i can only imagine the chaos!

Sooz
24-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Its normal. Lola is being a big wuss. She keeps hiding behind my dangling legs, as if Rory cant see her bum sticking out....and thats the bit he is after :oops:

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 03:47 PM
:lol: at least she feels safe with you:D so it turns out she's a BIG baby.

Indiechic
24-02-2008, 03:48 PM
bless u/ bailey was humping yesterday.

x

Sooz
24-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Both flopped out at opposite ends now, knackered already!

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 04:00 PM
:lol: at least theres no fighting. we've just seen the video of Nia and Tim and got scared:lol:

Sooz
24-02-2008, 04:02 PM
No there doing humping rounds then crashing out at opposite ends! I have just boiled the kettle which is under my right elbow and got burnt on the steam :oops:

Indiechic
24-02-2008, 04:03 PM
awww bless ur elbox sooz x

Sooz
24-02-2008, 04:06 PM
awww bless ur elbox sooz x

It was a dozy thing to do :roll:

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 04:09 PM
ouch! hope your ok.sounds like they are making a little progress then:D bless you for giving your kitchen up:D

Sooz
24-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes, I have been truly ousted. I am a bit worried about negotiating Lola's pingpong ball poops. Worried I might break an ankle on them :lol::lol:

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 04:14 PM
:lol: i never really thort about how big they are as we have had nothing to compare. at least we will know whose is whose during a poo inspection:lol:

Indiechic
24-02-2008, 04:15 PM
big bunny poops r ace.

glad its goin good x

Becca6
24-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Glad it's going so well.

Bella and T have moved into their new home :D

Sooz
24-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Glad it's going so well.

Oh wow :D

So they are happily living together now then?

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Glad it's going so well.

wishing them all the luck in the world and hope there is no fighting:D

Sooz
24-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Both knackered out again. Lola has lost a little fur from all the humping but nothing major.

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 04:33 PM
my poor girl:cry: glad its nothing major tho. andy's upset his girlie is being humped by a boy:lol: but i assured him its all normal

Becca6
24-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Oh wow :D

So they are happily living together now then?

I think so, though still not quite believing it. I just hope I've got it right.

No fighting, no chasing, T grooming Bell lots and I think he's stopped humping her. Both seem relaxed - I wouldn't say they were loved up but certainly happy to be close to each other. Bell doing a lot of flopping close to him. So fingers crossed it stays calm.

They've been together now since 10.30 am yesterday, and moved into their huge new home together about 1.15 this afternoon.

Can't wait to see pics of Rory and Lola.

Indiechic
24-02-2008, 04:42 PM
I think so, though still not quite believing it. I just hope I've got it right.

No fighting, no chasing, T grooming Bell lots and I think he's stopped humping her. Both seem relaxed - I wouldn't say they were loved up but certainly happy to be close to each other. Bell doing a lot of flopping close to him. So fingers crossed it stays calm.

They've been together now since 10.30 am yesterday, and moved into their huge new home together about 1.15 this afternoon.

Can't wait to see pics of Rory and Lola.

thats brilliant congrats x

Sooz
24-02-2008, 05:49 PM
my poor girl:cry: glad its nothing major tho. andy's upset his girlie is being humped by a boy:lol: but i assured him its all normal

:oops::oops: Ever the protective father :lol::lol: Tell him its OK Im chaperone and she is playing hard to get :)

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 05:51 PM
:oops::oops: Ever the protective father :lol::lol: Tell him its OK Im chaperone and she is playing hard to get :)

thats my girl, make em work for it:lol: i know she's in capable hands:D

Sooz
24-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Lexie has just stolen Lola's brocolli out of the bag in the living room :oops::oops: and stuffed her face with it. Sorry :oops::oops:

I have some in the fridge they can have.

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Lexie has just stolen Lola's brocolli out of the bag in the living room :oops::oops: and stuffed her face with it. Sorry :oops::oops:

I have some in the fridge they can have.

:lol::lol::lol: i dont blame her, when the opportunity arises you have to grab it:D lola eats greens, brocolli, carrot, apple...anything really:lol:

Sooz
24-02-2008, 06:24 PM
OMG Lola is hilarious with her food bowl. Just put some pellets out, had to use her water bowl so they could both get their heads in together and she picked it up by the rim and dragged it away from Rory :lol::lol:

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 06:29 PM
OMG Lola is hilarious with her food bowl. Just put some pellets out, had to use her water bowl so they could both get their heads in together and she picked it up by the rim and dragged it away from Rory :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: i told you she likes her pellets...i think we may have to have different feeding bowls!!!

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 09:20 PM
well ive been on my hands and knees:roll: scrubbing the kitchen floor to make it neutral. will be doing it a few more times before they come home. hope they are being good:D

Sooz
24-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Humping has calmed slightly, Lola is being very tolerant of Rory. They had a half of carrot each earlier and Lola kept picking hers up and running off with it when Rory came near :lol:

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Humping has calmed slightly, Lola is being very tolerant of Rory. They had a half of carrot each earlier and Lola kept picking hers up and running off with it when Rory came near :lol:

yep that sounds about right:roll: she's not a sharer when it comes to food. i'm glad she's taking it all in her stride and not getting too stressed. you must be shattered watching them all day. will you separate them when you sleep or will they be ok?

Sooz
24-02-2008, 11:03 PM
I have moved out of the kitchen, did so at about 6pm. Had a kip on the sofa for an hour and they were fine.

If things continue like this I will leave them together over night. Would expect to find them cuddled together in the morning, thats what usually happens when bondings go like this.

Kirsty&Lola
24-02-2008, 11:07 PM
I have moved out of the kitchen, did so at about 6pm. Had a kip on the sofa for an hour and they were fine.

If things continue like this I will leave them together over night. Would expect to find them cuddled together in the morning, thats what usually happens when bondings go like this.

:D that sounds really good. I'm glad you've managed to get some sleep.you deserve a medal for doing so many bondings

Sooz
25-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Rory has made his willy sore with all the humping :oops::oops:

Im not sure how much longer he can keep it up for (pardon the pun).

Sooz
25-02-2008, 12:26 AM
We have grooming :D Rory just gave Lola's head a little wash :love:

Kirsty&Lola
25-02-2008, 12:27 AM
lol andy sed he was surprised he wasnt sore wiv all da humpin:lol:

Kirsty&Lola
25-02-2008, 12:39 AM
We have grooming :D Rory just gave Lola's head a little wash :love:

YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are so happy that they like each other

Sooz
25-02-2008, 03:12 PM
These two were cuddled up together in the kitchen this morning and seem to have come to some sort of compromise over food, Rory gets Lola's left overs :lol:

Kirsty&Lola
25-02-2008, 03:21 PM
These two were cuddled up together in the kitchen this morning and seem to have come to some sort of compromise over food, Rory gets Lola's left overs :lol:

:lol: Poor Rory, ill just have to make sure he gets enough. Did she take her Panacur ok? I can't believe how naughty she was yesterday morning

Sooz
25-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Erm, there may have been a bit of Lola wrestling in the kitchen :oops::oops:

Kirsty&Lola
25-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Erm, there may have been a bit of Lola wrestling in the kitchen :oops::oops:

oh dear i'm sorry she was a madam for you:oops: i can't believe she had been taking it wrapped in a green leaf since tuesday and then decided yesterday that she would play up. stroppy mare!:roll:

Kirsty&Lola
25-02-2008, 05:44 PM
just a quick question. I have scrubbed and mopped the kitchen twice with white vinegar and disinfectant and i have hoovered the living room and febreezed everywhere i can (house smells lovely) to make things neutral, but Lola sometimes goes upstairs, shud i do it up there aswell???

Kirsty&Lola
28-02-2008, 06:43 PM
well Rory and Lola are laying next to each other and Rory will groom her between extreme humping sessions:roll: but Sooz wants to see some more grooming before they can come home. The humping is calming down which we are relieved about as Lola has lost a lot of fur from Rory gripping onto her:roll:I am missing having Lola around the house. Its so quiet!....and clean:lol:

Keep the vibes coming:D:D

MilliesMam
28-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Good Luck!
Millie's next in the bonding queue:) It's that time of year!
Yo have stronger nerves than I have, i really couldn't do it

Kirsty&Lola
28-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Good Luck!
Millie's next in the bonding que:) It's that time of year!

If Millie and Cracker are going to Sooz to be bonded they will be in expert hands:D and you needn't worry. Yeh i don't think the time of year is on our side but if they can bond now it must be an achievement! good luck with yours, hopefully Lola and Rory will be home and you can get going with the bonding:D

babybunnies3
28-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Rory! Behave like a gentleman and you can go to your lovely new home!!!!

Kirsty&Lola
28-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Rory! Behave like a gentleman and you can go to your lovely new home!!!!

:lol: OH said he should have a fatherly word with Rory about how to treat the ladies:lol: I'm just happy they like each other, Rory just needs to find the right way of showing her:lol:

Sooz
29-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Things are much much calmer today and the humping has nearly completely stopped. Both are having fun destroying the kitchen so I keep having to find new things for them to play with!

One of the carrots from the carrot patch has also mysteriiously vanished :shock:

Kirsty&Lola
29-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Things are much much calmer today and the humping has nearly completely stopped. Both are having fun destroying the kitchen so I keep having to find new things for them to play with!

One of the carrots from the carrot patch has also mysteriiously vanished :shock:

thats fantastic news...im so excited!! I do hope they havent done any serious damage to your kitchen:shock::oops: has there been anymore grooming???

Sooz
29-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Just a few tiles need replacing on the floor where they have been skidding about on them, I have a few in the pantry. :)

Lots more grooming from Rory to Lola, both asleep (top to toe) infront of the freezer at the moment.

Kirsty&Lola
29-02-2008, 05:52 PM
oh dear, if you want andy to lay those tiles he's pretty good with things like that!?? glad to hear theres more grooming. maybe one day rory will get groomed:lol: when do you think we can have them home???:D:D

Becca6
29-02-2008, 06:07 PM
oh dear, if you want andy to lay those tiles he's pretty good with things like that!?? glad to hear theres more grooming. maybe one day rory will get groomed:lol: when do you think we can have them home???:D:D

It sounds like it's going really well :D

I'm having the same with Bell and T - I think he's given up on being groomed (unless she's doing it when I'm not looking). After the first couple of days when she groomed him about four times in total, I've not seen her doing it again. Though having said that in the last two days T has definitely got spring fever and won't stop humping her :shock: She's being very very tolerant of him and just lets him get on with it. It has me in stitches because she's tried to hump him a couple of times and he's so tiny she just can't do it :lol: :lol:

Hope you get them home very soon.

Sooz
29-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Would you be able to collect them Sunday? :wave:

Kirsty&Lola
29-02-2008, 06:16 PM
:Dyeh we can do any day, it will be around 3ish if thats okay because andy's at work and he wants to come to pick them up 2:roll: we really can't wait to get them home!!!:D:D:D

Sooz
29-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Yep thats fine with me. You will have to be patient with Rory, I suspect as we get further from his op' the humping will disappear totally but in the meantime you may need to gently 'remove' him from Lola if he gets a bit rampant.

Of course it may increase again for a while once you get them home, seen as it will be new territory to him.

Kirsty&Lola
29-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Yep thats fine with me. You will have to be patient with Rory, I suspect as we get further from his op' the humping will disappear totally but in the meantime you may need to gently 'remove' him from Lola if he gets a bit rampant.

Of course it may increase again for a while once you get them home, seen as it will be new territory to him.

Yeh i think we knew it wasn't all roses yet, coming home will be a big step for them both i imagine. I've made it as neutral as humanly possible but Lola will still know its home and it'll be all new for Rory.Will they be ok if they are left alone during the day? i have a full day on tuesday at Uni, if not ill arrange supervision:) Hows their litter training been? thanks for everything Sooz:D:D

Sooz
29-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeh i think we knew it wasn't all roses yet, coming home will be a big step for them both i imagine. I've made it as neutral as humanly possible but Lola will still know its home and it'll be all new for Rory.Will they be ok if they are left alone during the day? i have a full day on tuesday at Uni, if not ill arrange supervision:) Hows their litter training been? thanks for everything Sooz:D:D

They should be OK but obviously you should be able to judge that from their behaviour over Sunday & Monday. I have been leaving them unattended for up to 5 hours somedays without issues.

Hmm, litter training, well Lola only wee's in her tray but poops everywhere. Rorys has totally gone to pot but he does know what her litter tray is, he just isn't too great at using it.

He will wee on newspaper rather than the floor though.

Kirsty&Lola
29-02-2008, 07:55 PM
They should be OK but obviously you should be able to judge that from their behaviour over Sunday & Monday. I have been leaving them unattended for up to 5 hours somedays without issues.

Hmm, litter training, well Lola only wee's in her tray but poops everywhere. Rorys has totally gone to pot but he does know what her litter tray is, he just isn't too great at using it.

He will wee on newspaper rather than the floor though.

Its not a problem, i just wanted to know what to expect. we will get lots of cardboard boxes in. Lola has never been great with pooping in her litter tray. Hopefully while we are litter training Rory she will get the idea.

They will only be alone for a max of 5 hours on tuesday so that will be fine:) but i'll be with them constantly for Sunday and Monday