• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manky Old Hutches On Ebay

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
As i said before on this forum i am shocked that people are allowed to sell these horrible tiny hutches on ebay.I have written to them about this.Are people too lazy to go to the tip??:cry:
I saw three hutches on there today,and each were photographed with all the dirty bedding,half full food bowl and water bottle still attatched.One promised that it would be cleaned out ready for collection.Do people not have any pride?It is almost like the poor rabbit has passed away and the people have straight away gone out and photographed the hutch it is dreadful.

it is not all bad there are some brilliant hutches on there,but why will people try and sell anything?Like that lady who had half a bag of food??:shock:

Moaning over:D

Jackie x

I know, I think some of them are absolutly disgusting, what really upsets me is that a poor bunny or, in some cases, bunnies have been living their lives in that and probably with no exercise!!:shock::shock:

Some people have no shame, but then there are members of this forum that have hutches like that!!

I have noticed this too. Infact I got so worried about these few hutches and cages I saw the other night as on of the roofs was literally caving, one of them had no weather proof area and the indoor one was like an in-closed aquariam but was aimed at rabbits:roll:.

I e-mailed those who were the highest bidder just mentioning that it wouldnt be too safe for bunnies and I was extra polite about it since I always think - you get more with honey that vinegar, two of them replied with polite replies back saying thanks for the concern and they were getting it for different reasons but I was really thoughtful to take my time to care etc.

Then one replied so rudely (infact they were getting the cage with no shelter areas) with a reply like "Who are you to tell me what I can purchase, who says I'm getting it for a rabbit or Guinea Pigs?! Don't you come lecturing ME about what to buy" etc etc and I didn't reply since I knew I hadn't lectured anyone and had just shown concern and offered to help.

I checked a few days later and on feedback "A++ thank you my bunny and his little friend will love it!" So obviously it was for animals and I can only imagine a bunnys little friend to be a Guinea Pig? When they shouldnt even be kept together! *sigh* some people...

I won't even sell my indoor cages I brought from a pet store, I got the biggest cage avaliable for about £80 and the smaller one for about £60 but I'm just going to give them to a rescue (but to my mothers dismay lol!) since I know from upgrading to a C&C cage (guineapigscages.com - against breeding site) they aren't good for Guinea Pigs/Rabbits and I don't want animals to live in them forever - atleast in a rescue they NEED them.

I have noticed this too. Infact I got so worried about these few hutches and cages I saw the other night as on of the roofs was literally caving, one of them had no weather proof area and the indoor one was like an in-closed aquariam but was aimed at rabbits:roll:.

I e-mailed those who were the highest bidder just mentioning that it wouldnt be too safe for bunnies and I was extra polite about it since I always think - you get more with honey that vinegar, two of them replied with polite replies back saying thanks for the concern and they were getting it for different reasons but I was really thoughtful to take my time to care etc.

Then one replied so rudely (infact they were getting the cage with no shelter areas) with a reply like "Who are you to tell me what I can purchase, who says I'm getting it for a rabbit or Guinea Pigs?! Don't you come lecturing ME about what to buy" etc etc and I didn't reply since I knew I hadn't lectured anyone and had just shown concern and offered to help.

I checked a few days later and on feedback "A++ thank you my bunny and his little friend will love it!" So obviously it was for animals and I can only imagine a bunnys little friend to be a Guinea Pig? When they shouldnt even be kept together! *sigh* some people...

I won't even sell my indoor cages I brought from a pet store, I got the biggest cage avaliable for about £80 and the smaller one for about £60 but I'm just going to give them to a rescue (but to my mothers dismay lol!) since I know from upgrading to a C&C cage (guineapigscages.com - against breeding site) they aren't good for Guinea Pigs/Rabbits and I don't want animals to live in them forever - atleast in a rescue they NEED them.

That is a really nice thing to do :)

i alos agree as when i was looking for a hutch for my new bunny i was croncered to see what was on offer under rabbit hutches. i did my a new hutch and run that was of a pet shop on ebay. i thought this was a good idea as the hutch was brand new and itseemed to be a reptialbe supplier. however when i got the hutched and put it totgether there were gaps in the floor that a rabbit could get its foot throught. the hutch was so poorly made. i was £100 out of pocket for that hutch and i then had out go and buy a new hutch form a pet store. i ahve learnt from my mistake and will never buy any rabbit products of ebay as you do not no what you are going to get.

i alos agree as when i was looking for a hutch for my new bunny i was croncered to see what was on offer under rabbit hutches. i did my a new hutch and run that was of a pet shop on ebay. i thought this was a good idea as the hutch was brand new and itseemed to be a reptialbe supplier. however when i got the hutched and put it totgether there were gaps in the floor that a rabbit could get its foot throught. the hutch was so poorly made. i was £100 out of pocket for that hutch and i then had out go and buy a new hutch form a pet store. i ahve learnt from my mistake and will never buy any rabbit products of ebay as you do not no what you are going to get.

Not all the hutches on eBay are bad. I got a 5' double for £60. It was delivered really quickly and is a really solid, well built hutch. I also got a metal run that is over 6'. I think it's the second hand ones that look fit for nothing but the fire that should be taken off eBay. As for the small indoor type I think its the companies that make and sell them that we need to complain too.

The hutch I got was already put together, not a flat pack one.

Back