• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would my lone rabbit appreciate a teddy for company

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Hi,
Until; I get Tilly a husband, would she appreciate some company in the form of a teddy, have heard people doing this, Is it a good idea?????

Depends on the bunny really...but I have an oldy rescue bunny (too old to be neutered) and he LOVES his teddy, he does hump it a bit but he snuggles with it lots too.
You must take a soft toy away if they start to chew it though :D
Nothing beats a real bunny pal :wave:

Oh yes :D even my groups love teddies and its also a great way to transfer smell when you get your new bunny - give your new bunny Tilly's teddy and give your new bun a ted and then give it to Tilly bunny :D

all mine have or had teddies, they all love/loved them:D Choci and Lily had two teddies at one point, they loved the one, but for some strange reason hated the other. So they ripped poor teddy's ear and leg off :cry: needless to say I removed teddy and all the stuffing before they ate any :lol:

My boy Parsnip had a bear with a sailor hat on, the vet used to howl because he always came too:lol: Parsnip used to cuddle him on the car journey and he had him in his bed bit along with his fleece blankie his teddy was stiff he had been groomed so often and he had a few nibbles in his hat. When I lost my boy to mixi he was buried with his bear and blankie we had too dig a hole twice as big to fit them all in:cry:

Flopsy has always had a little pink pig which my son gave him. Even when we got Jem the pig stayed - Jem trashed the beds we bought but never the pig.

They do throw him down the ramp occassionally - not sure who does it though.:lol::lol:

all mine have or had teddies, they all love/loved them:D Choci and Lily had two teddies at one point, they loved the one, but for some strange reason hated the other. So they ripped poor teddy's ear and leg off :cry: needless to say I removed teddy and all the stuffing before they ate any :lol:

LOL! :lol::lol::lol:

I never knew people gave their buns teddies; Im definitely getting one for Starsky. :)

Zakura has a teddy in her cage, Sasuke has 3 (threw in one after another one night cause he was making so much noise, then he got distracted trying to find out what these rabbits and a dog was doing in his run)
I haven't seen them really reacting much to the stuffed toys though...But one day I started "playing" with Sasuke's dog and put it up in a standing position, Sasuke suddenly started mating with it:shock: Poor Spot must have been traumatized :lol:
I've noticed he has chewed the ear on one of the others, but not much, oddly even though my buns sometimes rip apart pillows and carpets in their cage, they tend to leave the plushies alone...Aroma pees on anything soft and cuddly so she doesn't have one.

Most of the teddies I throw in are rabbits, Zakura has one rabbit and Sasuke as mentioned has two rabbits and a dog. I don't think they care much what what species it is though, but I prefer giving them rabbit-toys:lol:
The teddies even have names:p Zakura's is called Roger Rabbit (I'm not quite sure why...apparently he was named that when I was two, but I don't think he looks that much like Roger Rabbit), Sasuke's rabbits are called Nussi (similar to Fluffy) and Kalle (common rabbit name in Norway; Kalle Kanin, or Kalle Rabbit) and of course Spot, who's a 101 Dalmatian-toy:D
SpotandSasuke.jpg

Sasuke and Spot...soon after the poor puppy got :censored:

Last edited:
Back