• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you bulk buy?

Do you bulk buy?

• Yes I bulk buy

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No I buy when I need things

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Hi:wave:

I was just wondering if many of us bulk buy our rabbits things, like hay, straw and pellets/mix etc.

I used to bulk buy but I think its better for me to buy things like hay and starw when I need it, but I will still buy 2 months worth of pellets as it works out cheaper:D

I buy a huge bag of pellets which lasts ages, but hay and straw etc when I need it! If I have got too much I run out of space!

Does the fact that my parents had to buy an extra 6"x4" shed give you a clue! :lol:
Yup, I bulk buy a couple of bags of megazorb and a bag of redigrass at a time and 10 bags of dust free hay. It works out cheaper on carriage that way, that was also my excuse for a rather large order of goodies from the hay experts recently - if I'm paying P&P I want the best value from it. (I'm sure my parents bought a plastic shed rather than a wooden one just so I wouldn't sneak any extra bunnies in there :rolleyes:)

erm i suppose i do, because i get a 20kg bag of pellets and that will las my bunch 4 months. Then i get a bale of hay every month too. i slected other cus yes i bulk buy, but i do obviously buy it when i need it!

Yeah I bulk buy hay I get two big boxes as it is cheaper and lasts me about 6 weeks or so. I also bulk buy pellets as I get them from a farm shop which isn't very convenient to get to. I get a big bag of megazorb and that lasts about a month.

my local petshop,sells huge bags of stuff and they deliver them for free so ive started buying 3 big bags of everything - food,hay,straw,sawdust and just storing it in the shed! saves runnin bk nd fwds to the shop

Oh yes! I buy about 8 boxes of Timothy hay every 3 months, 4 7KG bags of pellets every 2 months and bedding when I need it however the bedding comes in huge bales. I like to have peace of mind in winter especially as where I live we get snowed under very often so its good to stock up and know the bunnies won't miss out on their hay.

I get enough hay and straw to last me a month at one time as it saves me on p+p. I get food as and when I need it as I get it from my petshop.

I tend to bulk buy everything :roll:

And my family like to buy things to. So I have hay and food hidden all around the house:lol:

I think the thing thats stopping my bulk buying now, is I miss my little trips out. I used to go once a week to get a bag of hay and straw. Now I sit here and bulk order eveything I don't go out much:( think I'll give myself one non-bulk buy month, if its not working out, I'll go back to ordering on the net:)

Yes, otherwise I have to go out every couple of days for hay and I really don't have the time with working long hours. Ive started ordering loads of hay from the hay experts so I don't have to go out at all, its bliss. :) also if i buy it myself is hard to carry it all home on my bike! :shock:

Back