• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Signs a bond isn't goping to happen

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
after an afternoon together, what do u think the signs would be that they are not going to be together?

x

After one afternoon? erm...that they've killed each other, or had a bloomin' good attempt at killing each other? :lol:

Unless it's a 'love at first sight' bond (most are not), it'll probably take a week or so before they get really close.

well we had grooming, then humping (he humped her). then tonight we;ve had chasing and her grooming him (to lure into a false sense of security) then humping him and him running away.

Im expressing my anxiety on here instead of letting the bunnies know.

I must say though that Bailey is a nervy little thing

We once had squealing, blood and fur all over the floor:shock: :( THAT was the sign it was never going to happen...otherwise, were always very hopeful and keep working at it. Humping, chasing, ignoring etc is to be expected. I do wish our two girls would bond though, somehow, but im too scared to try again at the moment

All I know - and it's why I'm very very cautious now - is that during Bell and T's first bonding attempt there was serious lock-on fighting. I witnessed it once and it was very obviously serious. Both ended up with bites.

I've seen none of that during this week, but what is probably normal has still freaked me out.

Ive never seen them lock and im hoping this doesn't happening.

It's not normal and is extremely hard to watch. Mine were locked on and rolling round - they got to each other by accident.

I expected the same to happen this week but had to give it a go. If it had happened again I would never attempt a rebond.

I think - but not certain - that if it's going to happen in a new bond, it happens within the first few hours. During Bell and T's first bond it happened after about 30 minutes.

Alvin and Jubilee failed on the first night... they had a great day together and then on the night they had a huge fight and neither would back down after that :(

Alvin and pearl were inlove after 3 days but stayed at the rescue longer cus lou didnt trust Alvin not to turn demonic once home :lol::lol::lol:

they came home on Day 5 and have been solidly bonded with no sign of violence even if he does constantly try to hump :rolleyes:

I'd love to know what they think of it all.

T started off quite jumpy - Bell was much more relaxed. Don't know if that's a girlie thing or personality thing. Though Bell is a very feisty spirited bun so that doesn't make much sense!

Lilly keeps biting baileys bum, under his tail... shes nipping and then he runs... im panicking now x

as long as one runs away hun it should be fine, you need a submissive if ones clearly dominant... that was Jubilee and Alvins problem.. both wanted to be boss and they fought....

pearl is a lover not a fighter so no matter what alvin does she lets him :)

edit - im sure SJ had the gal being mean problem when jelly and peanut were bonded and now he protects her when shes poorly :love:

awwww not much sleep for you tonight then :(

must be very scary for him hun, bossy gal in a new home....

as long as one runs away hun it should be fine, you need a submissive if ones clearly dominant... that was Jubilee and Alvins problem.. both wanted to be boss and they fought....

pearl is a lover not a fighter so no matter what alvin does she lets him :)

edit - im sure SJ had the gal being mean problem when jelly and peanut were bonded and now he protects her when shes poorly :love:

yup! he was such a wuss. she was a bully, he jus was sitting there shaking the whole bonding process...and she was swanning around like she didnt care. she gave him little nips too. but she was jus putting him in his place! now they r 100% loved up, and like donna said....this week he wudnt leave her side when she was ill :)

Im so concerned cus i don't want to have to give him back...

shes flopped out... y is she so freeekking relaxed lol x

Im so concerned cus i don't want to have to give him back...

shes flopped out... y is she so freeekking relaxed lol x

cus shes home hun... and she knows already thats her man.. just the human who cant relax :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

for the first week with alvin and pearl i was convinced the little monster would ruin it and id lose pearl (or him lololol) but they both still here :)

Back