• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deterring cats

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Sorry to all cat lovers. But Polo was acting all weird earlier... and ive been checking up on her, and found a cat sat on top of the hutch watching them. Praying upon them. They cant get in, but she is not happy. its next doors... to say i am p***** off is an understatement. O/H just went and chased it away. I am so angry!!

you can't really stop cats coming into the garden thou can you ?
we have a cat that comes in the garden, either cat nor buns take much notice of each other

:evil:My neighbours cats do this to mine, even with a dog present. It really iritates me as my pets should be safe in my garden. If my dog was terrorising their cats they would have something to say about it.

Get a water pistol on it! :lol: It might scare it enough so it won't come back :lol:

I know, i am just concerned about Polo, who wasnt as interested in her food as she usually is, and was really jumpy. I picked her up earlier and she proceeded to eat from my hand... she just didnt feel safe in hutch. I am concerned that she might go into stasis or something as a result of being so stressed with a predator about.

I wouldnt let my own dogs terrorise my rabbits by letting them out in the garden, its unfair, and if i had a cat i wouldnt let them anywhere near them either.

We have developed a daily routine - neighbours cat sits and watches rabbits in their run, back door is opened, dogs hurtle up the garden barking, cat leaps to safely over fence and neighbour (who owns said cat) yells at dogs to "shut up"...:rolleyes:

I have a cat (not a cat lover, but we kept getting rats in the garden, and had exhausted other options!!!! this is not to say i don't ADORE my cat - i just don't like anyone elses!!!!!) He is really good with the rabbits - just ignores them or they chase him! My neighbour has 2 cats though and they really have a good look at the piggies and buns - As soon as i let the dogs out they scarper, but it is really annoying when i am not hear and i know they are doing it!!!!! Luckily the fluffies dont seem to bothered by them - it is just annoying! There is nothing I or their owner can do about it though so we just have to get on with it!!!:roll:

Buns seem to be able to sense if a cat wants to hurt them...at least mine do.

I've had a couple of mine off their food because a local cat kept coming in the garden and trying to get at them. Luckily the garden at my new house 'belongs' to a cat who doesn't threaten them, and they just totally ignore each other.

Apparently cats don't like jumping on anything unstable or wobbly, so you could perhaps attach something like chicken mesh to the top of your fence panels?

Amy

I have cats but know what a pain they can be for the neighbours. It is difficult to keep them out and all I can suggest is that you make it unpleasant for them to come in over the boundary line. Lion dung pellets is a good deterent, failing that the gel stuff can be effective short term if it doesn't rain too much ( I bought these for my neighbours as a good will gesture so my cats got used to staying in their own patch), water in a hand held pray gun, or, if they are coming over fences and sitting on shed/hutch roofs, you could try putting rose bush cuttings on the roof, so they have no where to walk or sit.

were having the same prob its getting worse ive seen these cat repeller sticks on ebay dont know if they work though,

lisa

Back