• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Head nipping

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Lilly keeps goin upto bailey and first she puts her head below his, then she puts hers above his and nips him (or atleast it looks like a nip)

is this normal behaviour?

BTW i am bonding for those that dont know

x

i dont think u need to worry unless there is a huge scuffle of they are obviously biting in attack mode. Wispa bit Zola once and it was so obvious because she was growling at the same time and was very quick in her movements

Oooh - feel for you!

Bell and T have been doing this all week. Bell shoves her head under his, he tries to put (he's much more gentle) his under hers. She's sometimes practically lifted him up in her eagerness. She has also prodded his nose - not sure about it being nipping but it sounds similar.

Good luck!

apparently its usually not bad, they are both flopped out now, im taking that as a good sign, all beit not to close but good

hows urs goin becca?

x

Lilly has just chased bailey now she has flopped out despite having quite alot of hair in her mouth lol x

All calm - and I've just given them their veg together for the first. A bit worried cos Bell is troughing her way through it and T has gone and sat in the litter tray munching hay. So she's gonna eat it all and he'll be left with nothing. I suppose it's one of the things they have to work out and he'll realise he has to eat it while it's there or miss out. I think I might rescue a bit and see if I can give it him later.

Bell's been doing a lot of flopping all week - it's taken a bit longer for T but he's been quite relaxed today. She gets very relaxed when he's groomimg her.

Never thought in a million years I'd be bonding myself, particularly these two who had such awful fights last time.

We're both in for sleepless nights then!

Jelly did that 2 peanut when they were bonding. dont worry, unless whoever is being nipped shows their in pain, its okay. jus part of bonding :D

eeek abit more chasing, but i think its cus bailey runs away and lilly enjoys the chase... nicks gone to tescos and left me alone with them and im trying to watch and ignore...

bailey stomps his foot quite alot, is this normal?

x

when i was bonding cookie and treacle (lol ive dun a few!) honest to god he humped for.......almost 48 hours!!! he literally wudnt stop lol, and she thumped for about 4 DAYS at him lol. and that pairing was successful as they r now a bonded couple....i miss cookie :(

well he thumps n she chases... he humped her to high heaven earlier... they r just chasing alot, but i need to hold my nerve x

From my limited experience - and I've done mine different to most recommendations - it all sounds normal.

I'm actually slightly concerned mine have done so little chasing, but they've lived side by side for five months now and have shared the same areas so maybe it makes a difference.

It is scary though watching a bun you love going through this, even if it is for their own good. I love both mine as I've had Bell eight months and T about five months - don't know how you feel when it's your loved bun with a bun you've not yet got to know and love, if that makes sense.

Back