• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis...did your bun get through it?

Did your bun recover from Stasis?

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
sorry if this sounds morbid or something, but i was wondering how many people have lost a bun to stasis? Not when its like recurring and with other things like longter, i mean if you wokeup and found they werent eating, sussed it was stasis etc?

I voted yes I have sadly had two episodes.. I have a friend who has nursed her bun through it so many times :( :( but he is ok x

Tufty had it once in september & Eeyore had it a few months ago & they made it. Tuft went into stasis again & didn't make it but it wasn't the stasis that she died from in the end - it was something to do with a blood vessel in her brain & Eeyore had it again last month & made it.

I've found that stasis tends to be symptomatic of another problem. Stasis tends to recur unless the underlying problem is sorted.

I nursed one of mine through about half a dozen bad episodes of stasis, but I suspect that he had some sort of disease of the GI tract, and he was finally PTS. :(

twice alvin has had a stop but i dont think it was stasis, the first time the vet couldnt find a blockage and with the gut stimulant he was eating by the evening..

when he stopped a few weeks ago he was still eating a tiny amount just no poops....

i think he probably just had gas both times so i didnt vote

twice alvin has had a stop but i dont think it was stasis, the first time the vet couldnt find a blockage and with the gut stimulant he was eating by the evening..

when he stopped a few weeks ago he was still eating a tiny amount just no poops....

i think he probably just had gas both times so i didnt vote

same 4 jelly!

same 4 jelly!

he didnt go all floppy neither, i still have no idea what stasis is really... ive read about it but how do you know if its gas of a total shut down?

the vet said it could be anything that stops a bunny eating, even a tummy bug, hope i never never have to cope with proper stasis :(

Cookie had it. you could see it, hix expressions were pained, and i remember i was 7am and i was waiting 4 the vets 2 open at 8:30 n he just looke dlike hed given up.

Jelly...she stopped eating and pooping...but aside from that she was fine. but i figured, well if leave it it cud turn into something bad, so i took her 2 the vets, he gave her that jab and then she was okay:):)

youre heart would have melted at peanut tho. he wouldnt leave her side, and whenever i put my hand out to stroke her he pushed me away, he even tried to bite me, which i know isnt nice but he was protecting her:) her even groomed her which he has never ever don, she always grooms him!! he staye dby her side:D:D

Cookie had it. you could see it, hix expressions were pained, and i remember i was 7am and i was waiting 4 the vets 2 open at 8:30 n he just looke dlike hed given up.

Jelly...she stopped eating and pooping...but aside from that she was fine. but i figured, well if leave it it cud turn into something bad, so i took her 2 the vets, he gave her that jab and then she was okay:):)

youre heart would have melted at peanut tho. he wouldnt leave her side, and whenever i put my hand out to stroke her he pushed me away, he even tried to bite me, which i know isnt nice but he was protecting her:) her even groomed her which he has never ever don, she always grooms him!! he staye dby her side:D:D

awwwww he really loves his woman :love: :love: :love:

I've had 2 buns go into stasis, they didn;t make it. Bunnykins died before the vet could treat her:cry: And Binky-Baby who I had pts, because he was so very poorly, my vet said he was unlikely to recover, I still wonder if I made the right choice:cry:

it may have just been me, but he did give me this 'look' it was kinda....sad...as if like he wanted me save her! even tho he wudnt let me touch her! he just looked so heartbroken! it frightens me so much that i will lose one when im at Uni, my mum wont know what to do

I can't vote on my phone - or see the options.

I lost my precious Harvey to stasis last June, which was secondary to the pneumonia he started with. The pneumonia responded to treatment but sadly the stasis got him. Knowing what I know now - and I considered myself fairly experienced at the time - things might have been different. I know now that syringe feeding can make things worse.

T has had a few episodes - some needing vet treatment, and the last couple I've managed to sort him out.

Bell has had one bout of stasis that required staying at the vet for a few days.

I've got very good at recognising the symptoms.

I think I lost my little girl, Boo to stasis :cry: I do believe though that it was secondary to something else, OR brought on by stress (new house, new mummy, new bunny friend etc) X

Edited to add - Rhia went into stasis after her spey (her gut almost stopped completely & we were told to prepare for loosing her) - and she got through it with the help of intense nursing from both her Mum & the vets :D

Back