• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think that dutchies are naughtier than other rabbits

Are dutch bunnies naughtier than other breeds?

• Total voters

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I mean my benjamin gets up to all sorts... he has managed to chew a hole in his shed, despite the fact he has plenty of toys... :oops: when i am sweeping up in the shed, he will bite the brush and move it out of the way, and then start digging the pan part... making it almost impossible to clean up.

He also tries to push the door open with his mouth to try and get out... :roll:

He digs my wellies, bites my trousers... he wont leave me alone, its like he is out to wind me up :lol:

Oscar used to be just as naughty when he lived inside. He would bite the bars on his crate to let us know he wanted to be out for a run.

Oscar used to get inside the couch too... dont ask

So for those that have dutch buns with other buns, are they naughtier than others, or is it just mine. :lol:

Last edited:
I haven't got Dutchies but I have heard they are cleverer so maybe thats why they are naughtier?

Although actually both Barney and Roxy do what you have described...maybe all rabbits are just naughty :lol:

My innocent looking little lionhead is naughtier than both my dutchies :lol: They are all as smart as each other though x

Hmmm we've got other buns and then our cross bred dutches and I do think they're more mischevious and clever, so often that does end up with them being naughty. Like you say they're into everything wn you clean out, one of ours always keeps his eye on their aviary door and hops out the second he gets an opportunity. :roll::lol:
Actually the same one stretched on his hind legs and chewed a whole in the mesh that went over his pen-like-metal-run-thing and managed to leap verticle through that small hole to get out too. :shock::lol:
They've got plently of toys too! I think their fave is their fabric tunnel. :D
We do have to keep a close eye on them as if there's any opportunity to get into trouble they'll do it!

Our Dutchie Nori looks like your Benjamin, Oscarbunny. Is he a blue Dutch?

Nori is very affectionate but he likes to jump on everything high, he steals food all the time and loves to wind up the older buns. He's a ferocious little fighter too and he bit my arm last week :x But apart from that he's lovely and is a great husbun to Ebonnie who was a bullied runt and suffers from chronic stasis.

I think so.
Barney can be incredibly naughty... but it's because he's really very bright. When he's thinking how to get past the barrier by the stairs, or trying to avoid being caught, he has such an expressive little face and you can practically hear the little cogs in his brain turning. He seems highly imaginative, which means his version of naughty is worse than the three girlies. :lol:

The two dutch rabbits I had before my current bunch of bunnies were similar in this, too.

My little missy piglet is very naughty and I havent got a clue what breed shes mixed with. Nothing is safe with her around. Shes annoying at night when she adament that she needs to be on the bed to:evil:

I think so.
Barney can be incredibly naughty... but it's because he's really very bright. When he's thinking how to get past the barrier by the stairs, or trying to avoid being caught, he has such an expressive little face and you can practically hear the little cogs in his brain turning.

The benjamin is exactly the same, and very persistant. He tries every way possible to get out of the shed, and makes a run for it, at the slightest gap. Nutter! :lol:

My Dutch Minstrel is soooo layed back and so long as there is food he is happy where as Piper who is a cross breed is mad as a hatter and runs round exploring all the time so as far as mine are concerned Piper is the naughtier one!

I have one well behaved 9 year old Rosie and two very very naughty married couple bunnies,Beatrix and Norman.Norman is a fatty and is always after food and chews stuff and Beatrix is a devil as her mission is to escape,their previous owner had got fed up with the digging and the jumping 5 foot in the air and the nipping:cry:It doesnt bother me they are mostly ok and friendly:D

Jackie

I voted yes for my cross breed Dutchies, but they are house rabbits, and my English was a garden bunny so maybe its an unfair comparison. They are persistant though that's for sure.

I have Dutchies both as indoor buns and outdoor buns. They certainly DO get up to all sorts of mischief!:roll: :lol:But I totally agree that a lot of their mischief making is a result of the fact that they are EXTREMELY intelligent. They have VERY busy little minds, and they constantly need to be 'doing'.....so they need lots of toys and lots of exercise to keep them happy and content. My Timmy who lives inside acts more like a dog than a rabbit. He is SO smart that it is scarey! You can almost see him sitting and working things out in his mind. None of them seem to just 'lounge around' and chill out like my other buns do. They are almost constantly on the move. Their intelligence and characters are a huge part of them being my favourite breed of bun!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Marley is very cheeky but very well behaved too, Lexie is easily much naughtier than he is.

Cassius is driving me bonkers because he is very attention seeking and needs a lot of stimulation to stop him getting bored.

Caspian was the ultimate chilled Dutch boy, he was happy and contented as long as he was with me.... even if it was just following me about.

So with the exception of Cass, no, I have had much naughtier rabbits :)

Ive had naughty and angelic dutches :D

The two naughtiest buns ive ever met have been a lionhead and a lionhead x dwarf lop (I refuse to call him a lionlop)!

One climbs trees and digs out of everything!

The other jumps onto tables and window sills and throws everything off and thinks he is king of the castle and bosses every other animal in the house about! :lol:

Back