• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sophie, bloat again...

Pringle

Warren Veteran
:cry:
It seems that Sophie is bloated again :( :( this is third time, i dont know why this time, i gave them a handful of grass last night, could it be this? although she was out last weekend in run and munched some and was fine, she has just done two poo's round and fairly solid, her stomach keeps going rock solid then soft again, i felt her tummy and she seems to have loads of air type bubbles :?, bunnies are such a worry. She doesnt seem interested in any food either, carrots, pellets, grass, nothing :( xx

U/D Sophie has done another 3 poo's two quite big ones, will she be ok :cry:

Last edited:
I would guess that the grass may be the cause of her tummy pain. Grass is becoming very rich at this time of year, earlier than normal due to the mild weather.

I would offer Sophie some cooled boiled water. Add some Camomile Tea if you have some. She will need to be kept warm as her sore tummy will make it hard for her to maintain her body temperature. Its good news that she has done a few poos but if she appears to be in a lot of pain you need to call the Vet for advice. In the meantime warmth and warm water will help her. If you have any Infacol you could give her 1ml of that too.

Janex

Thanks Jane, she has done LOADS of poo's now, they arent normal shape yet but their was loads, they were really long ones too and some roundish ones, she had some normal water (as i never read this) and i put her out with pringle, she ate a couple of pellets and is munching on a slice of carrot, she seems to be perkin up a bit now and is more curious and moving more. Shall i still keep her inside to keep her warm or do you think she will be ok outside with Pringle. xx

Thanks Jane, she has done LOADS of poo's now, they arent normal shape yet but their was loads, they were really long ones too and some roundish ones, she had some normal water (as i never read this) and i put her out with pringle, she ate a couple of pellets and is munching on a slice of carrot, she seems to be perkin up a bit now and is more curious and moving more. Shall i still keep her inside to keep her warm or do you think she will be ok outside with Pringle. xx

If she seems to be perking up and has started to eat I would leave her with Pringle. Just add lots of warm bedding and if you have a Snugglesafe put that in their hutch tonight.

Janex :)

Thank you very much for your reply Jane, :), their wee shed is FULL of hay so very warm :), thank you again xxxx

Back