• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Willow

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Woke up this morning to find Willow lying down when normally he comes over to meet me. He wasn't interested in food either so I took him to the vet. He gets spurs and has a dental every 3-4 weeks although he's not due yet. My usual vet was on holiday so I had to see another which was such a waste of my time and stressful to poor Willow. She felt is tum and said it was ok and tried to look at his teeth but couldn't and she refused to use the gag to open his mouth or even try to clip his teeth. She said there was a bit of blood in his mouth. My usual vet does this procedure without any problems. So I left the vet with some Bio-Lapis and a poorly, stressed out bun!! So angry i should have just kept him at home and treated him myself until Monday cause she didn't do anything to help. He has metcam daily anyway and I can syringe feed him.

Booked him in for Monday morning with my usual vet. I'm so angry about it cause I had a 45min drive to the other surgery aswell AND I have to pay for 2consultations!!!

Poor Willow - I hope he manages until Monday.

Sorry you saw such a horrible vet - poor Willow, as if feeling poorly isn't bad enough, he gets mauled around by an idiot!

Sending vibes for Willow.........xx

I can sympathise, got a little chap here at the moment with statis so hope they are both on the mend soon.............

Aw poor Willow. Two of my bunnies need to have regular dentals. When I lived in Hampshire, the vet would always keep them in and do them that day if they needed treatment, but at my vets in Devon, I always have to make another appointment and they usually have to wait 2 or 3 days for treatment. I feel really guilty that the poor buns could be in pain all that time. Luckily, though, since joining RU and finding out just how important hay is in a rabbit's diet and cutting down on the amount of pellets they have, they only need dentals about every 3 or 4 MONTHS now instead of 3 or 4 WEEKS. Just as well, as at over £40 a time for each bunny, I was finding it more and more difficult to afford it.
Will be thinking of you and Willow over the weekend. Roll on Monday, when he can have his poorly mouth sorted out.

Sorry to hear about Willow Suzanne :(

Which vets do you use?

Amy

I use Ark at chilwell and always see Lizette who I think is very good, but she's on holiday until Monday. I've just syringed him some recovery food and he went to his softened pellets and ate a few so that's good.

Back