• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Majority of Bunny Owners...

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Do you think more women/girls than men/boys keep bunnies?

I was just looking at a few previous threads, and noticed that there was a lot more females than males.

I am a boy, and think there are a few others on here, but what do you think?

nope i think its just more likely a gal will come on a forum about rabbits than keep them :lol::lol::lol:

ste half owns these pair of demons but hed rather go on a car forum :shock:

Buns are solely mine - hubby has no interest whatsoever:cry:

I always though more females than males would have bunnies - don't know why though.:oops:

I am not an expert, but I think more girls than boys look after bunnys. My fiance brought Daisy home for me & he loves her, but wouldn't have her got her without me probably! Any bunny love is good love - male or female! :D

dont you go all blokey on us and go looking for car forums.. theres loads of bunny luvin blokes on here :D

my partner refuses to have anything to do with my 3 rabbits, and he is frightened of the hamster:shock:

I think it's partly that women are more likely to keep rabbits than men but also party that women are more likely to want to gather online and talk about them. Almost every animal forum I've been a part of has been predominantly women.

My OH wants buns as much as I do, he's dead excited at the prospect of getting some :love:

hubby LOVEs the bunnies but i dont know if he'd have hads them if he hadnt met me...

and he certainly wouldnt join a forum dedicated to them

so im sure there's plenty of male bunny owners out there, but not all of them are willing to admit it over the net :lol:

I think it's mostly females. For me, I had bunnies to satisfy my maternal instinct ( I know, I'm only 16 but I do have phrases, which can be quite scary), and don't bash me, as I didn't get them solely for that reason.

Well I technically have two rabbits and boyfriend has 5. And he's a big tough tattoo'd guy. But he wouldn't come on a forum because he doesn't like the b*tching that can revolve around non car forums. :lol:

Though he does quite often read over my shoulder. :wave:

I never showed much interest in rabbits before meeting my fiancé! I was more a dog person. My mum kept a few as i was growing up, but they were sadly for the most part in small hutches out in the shed and forgotten about and not really considered part of the family. I only ever saw them in their hutches or in my mums arms getting their nails clipped, i never got to experience their personalities etc

Scott had 3 rabbits when i moved in- Sun, Charlie and Macy. At first i was surprised to see them in the house, but i was even more surprised to learn about their characters and realise how intelligent they are! Scott taught me LOADS about them. After that we rescued an old girl who lived with us for a year, and after that took Fae, Joey and Luna:)

Now we both absolutely spoil and adore them but he is SUCH softie with them:D Ive found its just the lovely people who love buns!

hubby LOVEs the bunnies but i dont know if he'd have hads them if he hadnt met me...

and he certainly wouldnt join a forum dedicated to them

so im sure there's plenty of male bunny owners out there, but not all of them are willing to admit it over the net :lol:

My o/h says he is in this bracket!! But he loves them!! Don't tell anyone he doesnt want to admit it!! :lol::lol:

P.S. He loves the G.Pigs too!! More I think!! :lol:

I think its mostly women who keep buns. They're not very macho are they? :lol: I think a man would much rather be seen with a rottie that a nethie. However a lot of my girlfirends have buns and all the men in our lives are such softies with them, so its like Russel says, they do like them but won't admit it.

I think its just more girls who come on here and post about their rabbits :lol: I know guys who have housebuns or have had rabbits :wave:

two of the blokes at work have rabbits, one tolerates his and hates rabbit chat :lol::lol::lol::lol: the other one adores his and often starts the rabbit chat.... its great

Lol. I love it when your somewhere where everyone thinks buns are boring :censored:
So I deliberatly start a bunny chat convo. They are like Grrr...
How can they not like buns?

hehe i told the one bloke about bun space, he told me i needed to get a life lololololololol then admitted his wife has probably joined :shock:

Among all my friends it was always the girls who had bunnies and other pets. The guys maybe wanted a dog, but were not interested in cute and fluffy things. None of the boys went riding, either, while almost every girl was dreaming about having her own horse.
When you go to a pet supplies shop then the men usually gather in the aquarium section. :lol:

Back