• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help he wont stop thumping!

*Bex*

Mama Doe
I've just got the rabbits out to play and Rory wont stop thumping his back foot.
He looks really cautious and is darting around and will only hide in dark corners. I've never seen him so scared and run so fast!
Flopsy is fine, there is nothing different and nothing to scare him.
He was fine when he first came in but after five minutes he started doing this. Im worried :?

You havent sprayed anything different in the house have you? Or someone new in the house they havent met before? errrm.... tempt him with a bit of food to help him calm down but i know mine do it when Oscar walks in the room or my little neice.. someone who shouldnt be there and Fifi will stamp and stamp

Nothing at all is different...people...smells...furniture.. nothing
When i brought him in he ironed my duvet for a bit like normal then jumped down and hasnt stopped thumping for like 15mins :?
He grunts before he does it sometimes too
He looks frightened...just sat in a corner :(

could it be cooking smells? mine hate the smell of curry....otherwise maybe he's got something hurting him - have you had a good look to see if he's got anything caught anywhere on his body?

no there is no cooking smells tonight and his body seems fine, he was ok when i picked him up out the hutch.
He came out his corner but he doesnt look relaxed he's stood as if he is ready to dart off at any second :(

He has calmed down now....i have no idea what was wrong.
I did realise but id been holding the cat before i got them in...maybe he could smell that? I don't know...but he is ok now
Why do they have to worry us :roll:

Starsky did that when my grandparents brought their dog over to the house and he came up to sniff him. :shock: We couldn't catch him at all, but my sister eventually did and just put him back in his hutch; his own little safety zone, as my house appears to be danger-prone... What with my maniac brother who threatens to step on Starsky when he's on the staircase. :shock:

It might have been the cat; but aren't rabbits usually friendly and normal towards cats? :?

Aww hope he is ok. Kizzy kept thumping for nights on end and i took him to vet as i thought something must be irratating him and turned out he had mites:roll: so he got injections and is fine now. So if it continues maybe best checking him for mites :).
Glad he seems ok xx

Back