• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving food in their bowls.

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Thats two days in a row now their has been a wee drop food left in Pringle and Sophies bowl :? yesterday and today i went out to them and they havent eating all their food. I feed them at night about 10pm and normally they eat the whole lot no problem. i have been puting some oats in as pringle lost quite a bit of weight and they eat them and some of the food but leave some, i just find it strange that both arent eating as much :?. Could they be going off the food? are they just not hungry? im confused, like i say i find it strange that none of them is eating it.. patch and benji are on same food (excel) and they eat theirs. Should i change their food? or leave it next few days to see what they do? they are eating their carrots fine :rolleyes:xx

Are the oats wet or dry? Oats do expand a lot when they get wet so if you're putting dry ones in it's possible that they are filling up because the oats are expanding in their tum.

Does Sophie need the oats as well? I'd be inclined to soak a few oats in some warm water and just offer them to Pringle, they should all be gone in a few minutes they do seem to like them! I give about a teaspoonful a day of oats to Santa, she weighs 1kg.

Does Sophie need the oats as well? I'd be inclined to soak a few oats in some warm water and just offer them to Pringle, they should all be gone in a few minutes they do seem to like them! I give about a teaspoonful a day of oats to Santa, she weighs 1kg.

No Sophie doesnt really need them but i put a few in her bowl as she would just barge her way to pringles, i may try wetting them and just giving them to Pringle, thank you for advice :) xx

Back