• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you pay for dentals?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
just curious and want to know if the price i payed for Crystal (£66) was good or a total rip off lol if im honest id say rip off since they said she only needed 2 molars done :rolleyes: but thats just my opinion lol shes worth every penny though id gladly pay double that for her :love:

I pay £3.50 once a month for Dillon's front teeth, but since it is only a very thin part that doesn't meet the others (not the full deepth of tooth) she easily clips it so much cheaper.

Lian x

I don't think that's a rip off at all - presumably she's been admitted for the day, had anaesthetic (expensive), maybe other drugs like painkillers/gut stimulant, and had the time of a vet and vet nurse to do the operation. Two molars or ten molars still needs the same things, there's probably very little difference in time/costs for the number of teeth done. Vets practices aren't cheap to operate, they have to cover their costs, pay their staff and themselves, and have enough 'profit' to reinvest in good facilities. If you'd paid #150 I might be saying :shock: but #66 sounds very reasonable to me.

(Sorry can't find the pound sign on this keyboard)

just curious and want to know if the price i payed for Crystal (£66) was good or a total rip off lol if im honest id say rip off since they said she only needed 2 molars done :rolleyes: but thats just my opinion lol shes worth every penny though id gladly pay double that for her :love:

As I said on your t'other thread if the Dental was done under GA then £66 is a reasonable price

I pay about £40

Janex :)

ah right lol glad its a reasonable price :) my dads just told me that cat dentals cost in tthe £100's :shock: i pay between £40-£50 for Roos dentals (Guinea Pig) so i think i was just expecting the same price lol

my dads just told me that cat dentals cost in tthe £100's :shock:

Yup I have just this moment come home from the vets, my two cats were both in for dentals today, clean/scale and 2 extractions each, and I am now #340 lighter (that's for both, not each). A couple of years ago my elderly cat Sooty (RIP) had a dental and his was #300.

Conscious incisor burring is £10
Molar burring if in conjunction with a neuter is free.
Molar burring alone has cost me as little as £60 and as much as £120 :shock:

It depends on how much work needs to be done, the longer the GA lasts the bigger the cost.

our vet quoted £85 just for one molar i went to another vets that we are now moving to as it was highly recommended or rabbits and they qouted £55 for the molars no matter how many needed doing

lisa

My vet charges £39.87 for a GA, £24.73 for the actual dental, Plus the cost of any painkillers and other medication needed

I pay £3.50 once a month for Dillon's front teeth, but since it is only a very thin part that doesn't meet the others (not the full deepth of tooth) she easily clips it so much cheaper.

Lian x

I hope you mean they burr it rather than clip it! A few years ago clipping was all the rage, but it can fracture the tooth beneath the gum line and lead to lots of toruble. So please make sure your vet burrs them instead!

:)

Back