• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What hay do you recommend for a youngster???

Alfalfa is actually good for younger buns as they need more protein at that age. It gets a bad rap as it's too high in calcium for older buns.

I'd suggest primarily sticking to whatever hay you will feed when he is older - it will ensure he 'gets the taste' and is in the habit of munching away on the hay you will be providing for the rest of his life. No harm in some alfalfa for a youngster but he shouldn't have it once he's an adult.

I think its really important that rabbit owners give hay, the two rabbits that I was given neither ate hay and it has led to severe mouth problems in the first and potential mouth problems in the second, my new baby girl munches happily on hay and im hoping Pepper will learn from watching her.

The problem is people buy a rabbit dont do any research and just feed them whatever rabbit food is handy.

Back