PDA

View Full Version : 4th Bun and Bun weights

Phoebesmummy9
22-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Hiya
I currently have 3 buns -piper,phoebe and holli! There getting a shed to live in with a huge massive run attached to they can have more space as currently,its pretty hard to let the 3 of them out for long periods of time because the 3 of them love to antagonise the cats!
I was considering getting a 4th rabbit - but im not sure on what sex or breed to get! I currently have 2 females and a male (phoebes male..he has gender issues, we thought he was a girl!:lol:) I'd get a girl but I dont wanna risk Piper and Holli fighting with the new bun,and a boy bun would need to be seperate till I got him neutered (unless i got the bun from a rescue)
My other issue, i was looking into getting a bigger bun..a rex or giant but i dont no wether it'll b suitable to put a bun so big in with 2 fairly smallish rabbits.
Could anyone also let me know if the weights are ok for my buns? Piper is huge compared to my other two - so im thinking her mum or dad was a fairly large bun.Where as Phoebe is tiny, and looks alot like a dwarf bun and has a really short little face!
Piper - 4kg
Phoebe 2.5kg
Holli 2.3kg
Advice and opinions appreciated :D

kayj
22-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I have a continental cross french lop that lives with a semi wild rabbit and he is a quarter of her size and they get on fantastic:D

Phoebesmummy9
22-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Can you recommend a particular breed or large rabbit that will jell well with little buns?

LionheadLuver
22-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I think rexes are great, but then I am biased. :lol: If size may bother you, what about a mini rex? My girls are mini rexes and they are 1.7kg. Most of them is fur. :lol:

Phoebesmummy9
22-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh my gosh ive seen ur buns b4 there so cute!! :D I think it would most likley have to be something like a mini rex tbh as i dont want my 2 littleys to get hurt

LionheadLuver
22-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Thank you. I don't know about what sex though but I hope I've helped with the breed of the future rabbit. Keep us updated!!

Phoebesmummy9
22-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Will do :D i ws thinking about getting a rabbit off the rabbitrehome webby - ive seen a lovley little girl called "Pretty" :love:
Still not sure wether its wise to get another girl tho, poor phoebe will b outnumbered!