• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating habits???

Zorro

Warren Scout
My little Zorro doesn't appear to be eating vast amounts of hay, he is 8 weeks old & has plenty of Timothy hay available & a small bowl (small handful) of pellets, he chomps his pellets no bother but doesn't seem to be going too mad for his hay.
Should I try a different type of hay or maybe restrict his pellets a bit???

Also, he seems to drink loads, well he's at his water loads, I've checked the bottle to make sure its not blocked (thought he might just be trying to get water but failing due to a blockage).
He doesn't empty his bottle, not by a long long way, he probably drinks the equivilent of an egg cup, maybe slightly less, in a day. Is this about right???

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I have to change my hay because my girls have gone off Timothy Hay, the whole reason I'm selling two. Try a different type of hay, the amount of pellets is fine. The water amount seems fine, although my girls finish two bottles of water a day, so someone more experienced will hopefully come along in a minute to help you with that.

Might be worth trying different types of hay to see if any others are more appealing such as meadow hay.

The water sounds fine. How much they drink depends on their environment and diet. The more veg they have the less they'll need to drink, plus if it's warm or hot they'll drink more to help keep cool.

Back