• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack vibes please? UPDATE - checkup p4

buddabun

Warren Veteran
Jack is off to get all her incisors removed this morning (in about 30 mins) so can we please give her vibes. She is only a little one and I must admit I'm more than a tad worried as I won't be able to get her till much later this afternoon and she is so very small...

Vibes for teeny Jack please? :cry:

aww thanks guys! I'm touched by how many people replied :oops:

apparently the op was ok but they need to book me in for an appointment to "discuss the operation" :?

so I'm off to (hopefully) pick her up now.

Well she's home. They managed to get all of the teeth out successfully except for one of the teeny incisors behind (i.e. one of the ones you never see) which snapped off during extraction. So it MAY grow back.

Well my wallet is £102.82 lighter, they 'gave' me some of that "Science recovery" liquid feed/hay type stuff (which she LOVEs btw!) but I found tehy charged me for it! ok it was only teh £2.82 but still, that is cheeky! They also said they hadn't seen her eat since the op - now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they supposed to keep them in at the vet's until they eat something?!!

She is looking very battle-scarred, lots of blood around her mouth and she keeps licking her lips like she can't figure out what's going on.

Also, her eye is a little odd - i think a bit of her eyelid is a bit swollI know they put all sorts of gunk in their eyes when they're alseep, do you think she looks ok?

Here are some pics anyway - the teeth are gruesome!!!

Looking sluggish (yoou can't see all the blood but she looks a right state bless her
DSC_2049.jpg

Dodgy eye? Is this normal?
DSC_2050.jpg

And the offending teeth...
DSC_2052.jpg

her eye does look sore doesn't it - i would see what it looks like in the morning and if you're still worried about it call the vet again.
as to the teeth - i'm always so surprised just HOW long they are when they're removed ! :shock:
be a good girl jack and eat drink and poop lots tonight ;)

i was shocked she took that gunky stuff but i will mash up some pellets later and give her a nic selection. she seems fine in herself, jsut a tad worried about the eye. Hopefully it will have calmed down by tomorrow

she does look miserable doesnt she? *milking it!*

are your vet's still open - if they are give them a quick call and say you noticed her eye is a bit funny and did anything go in it or knock it or whatever

tried them just now but they close 1730 on a friday?! boo

i thought it might jsut be from them being taped closed (or is that just in humans) as I know they put a cream in them to stop them drying out, ehnce the wet surrounding area... maybe she's jsut a bit udner the weather.

if it's still like that tomorrow I will ring them again.

Back