• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone PLEASE help U/D Happened again (page 3)

JoLB

Warren Scout
I woke up yesterday and today to find the rug in the hall covered in brown patches. It's like liquid (or like bunny has had diarroeah). it's MUCH worse today.

I don't know what it is, or what to do. I am assuming it's Bluebell, 'cos barney has never done anything like this.

They have both been neutered and had vaccs, although Blue is waiting for her VHD next week.

I am just uploading pics. It's not pretty so don't look of you're eating.:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Ok here are the pics:

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

Someone help please!

It is not actual diarrhoea but it does indicate a disturbance in the GI tract.
Your Rabbit needs to be examined by a Vet today.

Have you changed anything in Bun's diet recently?

Janex

They both eat supa excel (Janice told me that's what Bluebell ate and Barney was already on it). They have hay. Barney also has spinach, so Blue has been having some (though I don't think as much).

I will call Christabel today and try and get off work. I will be in so much trouble if I don't go in. Going to wake husband and see if he can take them, but don't think he can. I feel sick.

Have youi been feeding them any carbs? like weetabix?
When I was a newbie I gave my bunny some and she did exactly the same thing but over a cushion. It scared me so much I never fed her anything naughty like that again.

Is she eating okay? I'd be tempted to stop the veg and pellets as long as she's still eating the hay and get her to the vets ASAP.

Good luck let us know how it goes.

No they haven't had anything naughty!

She is still eating and drinking and going around like normal.

Ok have asked OH to take them - he can't. So am going to work, will call Christabel at 9am then leave work early.....I hope that's ok...

They both eat supa excel (Janice told me that's what Bluebell ate and Barney was already on it). They have hay. Barney also has spinach, so Blue has been having some (though I don't think as much).

I will call Christabel today and try and get off work. I will be in so much trouble if I don't go in. Going to wake husband and see if he can take them, but don't think he can. I feel sick.

I have a Bun ( Sarah) who has very occasional bouts of something similar. Usually after a course of Baytril.

Mention 'Salazopyrin' to Christabel ( I have discussed its use with her and she has prescribed it), I have found a 'one off dose' along with some fibreplex sorts Sarah's tum out in 24 hours

Obviously identifying the cause (abx in Sarah's case) is helpful, although sometimes that can be easier said than done :rolleyes:

I'll PM you my phone number and I could take Blue to Christabel today if you like :)

Janex

Zola has done this one night in the crate. i cleaned him up and didnt feed him any veg that day and it never happened again so dont worry too much.

If she's still eating and drinking and acting fine I would think a couple of days on just hay given twice daily fresh, so she eats more of it, less pellets than normal, and no veg would settle her tummy down again. My bunny Maa does very occasionally do odd poo mixed with watery stuff - cutting her veg for a day has so far sorted her tum out.

Is the 2 bunnies new to ea. other? Is there a 3rd bunny in the house? Because bunny attract new bunny by dropping their poos to mark their territory, even if their poos is not ready, as such, soft.

Is the 2 bunnies new to ea. other? Is there a 3rd bunny in the house? Because bunny attract new bunny by dropping their poos to mark their territory, even if their poos is not ready, as such, soft.

They have known eachother approx 10 days, and have been home for a week.

I just got back from seeing Christabel. She says Blue's stomach feels ok, and that it's probably due to the spinach. I have to give Blue Fibreplex 3 times a day, then twice a day.

Thank you everyone for your replies! And Jane, thanks for talking to me this morning, I really appreciated it (I felt much better after!).

I'm off to Matalan tomorrow for a cheap rug :lol: :oops:

They have known eachother approx 10 days, and have been home for a week.

I just got back from seeing Christabel. She says Blue's stomach feels ok, and that it's probably due to the spinach. I have to give Blue Fibreplex 3 times a day, then twice a day.

Thank you everyone for your replies! And Jane, thanks for talking to me this morning, I really appreciated it (I felt much better after!).

I'm off to Matalan tomorrow for a cheap rug :lol: :oops:

Glad that Christabel found nothing serious :D

Hope you find a new rug that they can both poop on :D

Janex

So happy everything has turned out well! That must have been so frightening.

Just a thought, obviously not for right now, but I've found Supa Excel can cause messy poop. Janice at ARC told me about it and I have to say since Darcy has been on Science Selective his poop has been seriously improved!!

Back