• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tofu not drinking much

buda

Warren Scout
Tofu has not been drinking much this week but he seems his usual happy self.

I only notice that he hasn't been drinking much because he used to share a water bowl with his brother but now that his brother has passed, there is a lot of water in the bowl. It is full every day. Maybe Tofu never drank much water but since Olliver made the water level go down, we didn't notice.

He wouldn't drink even drink half a cup over 3 days. He only seems to drink about 1 cm level of water a day, but it is summer here and I think that could just be evaporation!

He's a mini lop aged 6 months.

Should I be worried?

Hi.

Do you feed him much fresh fruit/veg? As you may find he is getting quite a lot of his liquid intake from that? If he's well in hiself I would just say keep an eye on him. My new rabbit Willow drinks loads even though its winter here, but my other bun hardly drinks anything. Each bun is different.

He still doesn't drink much but I think that is just he way he is. He gets hay and grass and pellets. I normally give him wet grass so he's probably getting enough water from that.

He has plenty of wee. He saves it up until he manages to get onto the couch and lets loose!

Blue hardly touches his water bottle at night (i don't think he likes it) but drinks from his bowl during the day, but he doesn't drink much, due to him having lots of veggies and greens!! (spoilt bunny):oops::roll:

we have 3 house buns and they have bowls ...they dont seem to drink loads either.we had a giant rabbit ,who recently passed away and she used to drink loads.have you done the "tent test"? if you pull up the scruff area then release it should go back within 2 - 3 secs if it takes longer then he could be dehydrated.if he is then you need to go to the vet as he will need to go on a drip.im sure its just a case of him not being a big drinker..

Back