• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg i cant believe this wind =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
just litrally came home something told me to come teh back way where my rabbits are (i dont normally but had a feeling) walked into the garden to find Crystal and mistys hutch on the ground top lid wide open and Binkys hutch face down on the floor :cry: Crystal and Misty were both sitting in the shed eating all the food :shock: but were ok thankfully but their hutch is battered to hell so i need to buy a new one for them :( their now inside in teh dog crate, i picked Binkys hutch up the thought that went through my head was hes dead but when i saw his little nose poking out from all the woodshavings i was relieved ive had to spend ages creating abit of space in the shed (facing my fear of spiders) and have had to place him in a 3ft hutch for tonight :cry: my poor babies it upsets me thinking how long Binky spent face down on the floor :cry:

Oh poor things!!!!!

I will never froget one morning when i was 14 going outside in the morning to feed flopsy my first bunny before school.
It was the middle of January and we had Loads of snow that week - got outside to find the roof had blown clean off Flopsy's hutch and he was sat shivering in about 6 inches of snow - he was half burried in it!!!!! :shock:

Thats the problem in this country though - extream weather always seems to really catch us out!

Aww I bet that was a scare for you, Poppy and Charlie's current hutch weighs a tonne and won't budge but the last one got blown all over the spot, I came upstairs one morning to find Charlie peering through the door because his hutch had blown right across the roof terrace. I've got them both inside :D until it gets a bit warmer and calms down, Charlie isn't bothered by the weather and will play out in it but Poppy stays in the hutch. I don't want to keep going out there either and its nice to have them in with me.

I hate the wind, I'd rather have constant rain, the wind is such a pain.
I'm sooo glad we decided to keep Zorro indoors, I'd have been worried about him all day.

Hope you get your bunnies hutches sorted soon, have you thought of attaching some of these types of clips on the roof & side panel:

kilnerhifi.jpg

now that its day light and ive had a proper look at the hutch its a mess :oops: i have the lid of the hutch at one siode of the garden the bottom of the hutch has been blown through and the wire mesh it hanging off :shock: i think i need to look into some good quality hutches thinking about the 6ftx2ftx2ft hutch from pets@home Crystal and misty needed a new hucth anyway. luckily Binkys hutch is fine and so is he :) im going to create more space in the shed today so i can fit his hutch in there as i dont want him living in the 3t hucth far to small :( its only there for emergancys

i hope no one else has had the same disaster as me last night

xx

I hate the wind, I'd rather have constant rain, the wind is such a pain.
I'm sooo glad we decided to keep Zorro indoors, I'd have been worried about him all day.

Hope you get your bunnies hutches sorted soon, have you thought of attaching some of these types of clips on the roof & side panel:

kilnerhifi.jpg

i never thought about that will deffinatly be something to look into for there new hutch :D

Just thought, maybe the little ******* trashed their own hutch just so they could have a new one for the summer!!! :angel::rabbit2::angel::rabbit2::angel:

Back