• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

one clever rabbit

kathryn773

Warren Scout
Have been reading about clicker training, and trying to get hold of (through the library) a copy of How to Clicker Train Your Rabbit.

Just been watching rabbit training on 'net.

Armed with small apple pieces, the clicker and no interruptions.
1. 'turn around' Marble follows the apple piece in a small circle. Click. apple reward given.
2. 'turn around' Marble follows the apple piece in a small circle. Click. apple reward given.
3. 'turn around' Marble follows my hand in a small circle. Click. apple reward given
4. 'turn around' I make small circle with left hand, Marble turns around. Click. apple reward given.
5. As 4.

I hadn't thought about training for 'tricks', but to encourage an already very friendly rabbit to come to command. Such as time to go into pen for bed/work time, come to us when she has been in the pen in the garden and needs to be picked up to return indoors.
I am amazed and extreemly delighted that she picked this up so quickly. Bless Her.

Ooh glad to see were not the only ones and youre enjoying:) We traind Fae as a baby and it was incredibly easy, although we didnt bother with the clicker, just kept our voices consistent. We didnt really put a lot of effort in but she picked it up in days and after nearly a year of not doing the tricks at all we decided to see if she remembered them all a few days ago...she did!:shock:

Theyre incredible arent they:) We have a video somewhere of when she was a baby and showing the way we trained her. Ill have to dig it out, and make a more recent one too as shes much improved now. She knows "fetch" (chase after a ball and run back) kisses, spin, "up" (stand on hind legs) "lap", "down", "sofa" (jumps to sofa) "under" (creeps under wooden bridge!) and a few more

Its lots of fun:D

Back