• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue without rehoming fees

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Hi, the rescue im going to on sat to see Bailey at does not have a set fee, they say if people want to give something towards their costs then great...

how much would you give? I was thinking £30 and taking some toys n sticks up...

x

If the Bun is neutered and fully vaccinated I usually donate £50 :)

Janex

I think that's a very fair and reasonable sum - if you think of a male neuter as about £30 and vaccinations about £10 each. We were asked for £35 for our buck and donated £50.

I've been wishing it was Friday all week!! Vaccination in March it is!!

Tomorrow is Friday, let us all breath a big sigh of relied :D

There was a thread last week sometime about adoption fees, might give you an idea as to what's "expected". There's nothing to stop you giving say £35 (or whatever) now and donating to the rescue at a later date?

Hannah

Two years ago I gave £25 each for my unspayed, unvaccinated girls - the lady was so shocked - apparently most people only gave her a fiver :(

Two years ago I gave £25 each for my unspayed, unvaccinated girls - the lady was so shocked - apparently most people only gave her a fiver :(

They've said they don't expect anything!! ive got some sticks for them and ill be giving £30 x

£30 Sounds fine to me! People that rehome do it because there are buns that are desparate for a home. You are offering a great home Your adoption also makes space for another needy bun. Well done :D

I think £30 for unneutered and unvaccinated sounds fine, especially if they don't normally have a standard fee. I'm shocked that people give as little as just £5 or even nothing for a bun though :shock:

I didn't realise Sue's don't have a standard fee. My husband and I have our eye on a beautiful pair they have up on RR at the moment. As much as I want buns in rescues into good homes as soon as possible I can't help but sneakily want these two to still be available once we've moved :oops:

Back