• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're getting there... Emily update with pics

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
Well Jack and Emily have been in they're hutch for a while now and things seem to have chilled out enough that I'm getting ready to let them into the run in the next couple of days.

So I thought I'd take a picture or 10 when i went out to feed them last night. Some are a bit blurry... Emily isn't of the "sit still while mum takes my picture" school of thought :lol:

Is it dinner time??
P1070036.jpg

P1070032.jpg

Out of my way Jack
P1070026.jpg

P1070027.jpg

Come on mum... we're starving!
P1070038.jpg

P1070040.jpg

P1070041.jpg

oooh greens, yum
P1070064.jpg

Oi! get your own!
P1070063.jpg

Where's our science selective?
P1070078.jpg

Do I have to help myself...?
P1070074.jpg

P1070083.jpg

Awwwww. :D I had the same problem with Emily, she always moved when I tried to take a photo of her.
Great to see her so happy. :wave:

Lovely bunnies! Can I ask what is that mesh that you have over the door of the hutch and where did you get it from? helen

Lovely bunnies! Can I ask what is that mesh that you have over the door of the hutch and where did you get it from? helen

I have netting on them to stop flies etc getting into the hutch in the summer, that's just bits I've cut to size from a mosquito net thingy I found in the 99p store. And then I have perspex over that to keep them nice and dry, which I can take off in the summer if I need to :D

Bavarian Bunny said:
I had the same problem with Emily, she always moved when I tried to take a photo of her.
Great to see her so happy.

She's definately a bit of a fidget :lol:

Great idea! The perspex prob keeps them nice and warm in winter I'd imagine. Might try that with mine! helen

Yeah it does look nice and cosy in there, the biggest bonus is that I don't have to faff about with a tarpaulin anymore ;) :D

I've taken the next step today and put them in the run. I've not given them access to the hutch for now because I think they'd end up one in the run and the other in the hutch :roll:
Within 20 minutes Jack was binkying :love:
And it's gone much better this time (touch wood) than before. It was about 15 minutes before he chased her and there was no fur pulling etc so I'm really pleasantly surprised.

Great! Sounds like they are best friends now. :D

I have a lot of perspex shutters and run covers, too. Much prefer them to tarpaulins now.

I think Jack was just waiting for the right lady to come along :D and of course someone who was brave enough to give him a chance... I suppose that applies to Emily and Janice :lol:

Back