• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advise please!!!! is he in pain :(

jesska

Alpha Buck
well i tuck him to the vets tuesday tinsel to have hes plum removed and i have used the vet twice for the same reason, and well i got him back and he bit was swallen and the last 2 boy i tuck come back flat as pancakes soo i rang them straight away and they said it normal i dont think it is and i dont dare go to my best vet cause iv gone to that cause cheaper price sooo i wanna know if anyone boys have looked like this after their been de- plum before i have to look stupid by going back to my normal vets
help would be greatful :)
some picts below

100_0154.jpg

100_0156.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, all the boys I've had castrated came back with empty sacks, sometimes I little swelling in the surrounding areas but not the testicles themselves as they should have completely gone.

Does he appear to be in any pain? If he seems happy enough then take him back to the vets tomorrow, you'll have to swallow your pride I'm afraid, as either there's something wrong or the vets didn't remove the testicles. It certainly doesn't look like he's been de-plummed from my experience.

im glad somone has the same opinion, they said too me they will be swallen after the op but he is no pain eating, jumping around everywhere, just im anoyed that they have told me this as if he in pain i could of tuck me wednesday. i dont think im going to go back there again!

When Marlon had his done they looked exactly like that but to be honest I thought that was normal as he's the only rabbit I've had.

He was perfectly ok though and I had him eating ok within a couple of hours and pretty much back to his normal self within 24 hrs. The swelling went down as they started to shrink and eventually they disappeared altogether.

Maybe it depends on how the vet does the procedure? Sorry I can't be of much help, hopefully some more members will be along with a bit more info for you.

Vic x

well when all of my boys were done they looked like that. it doesnt look sore to me but im not a vet so if you think he is then i would advise you take him to the vet. but in my opinion it looks normal

I had 2 of my boys done at the same time. One of the boys had swollen bits and the other one didn't. When I phoned the vet they told me to gently touch the swollen one to see if it felt hot, if it does that's bad. His actually felt cool but I took him to the vet anyway for long lasting pain killer. He then went on to be fine, no probs at all.

Good luck.

Rabswood

thank you for all your help , he is due on saturday for hes check up anyways so better safe then sorry but thanks again for giving me a piece of mind whilst waiting for hes check up, hes running round me know driving me crazy and eating never been better. :wave: thanks guys
xx

thank you for all your help , he is due on saturday for hes check up anyways so better safe then sorry but thanks again for giving me a piece of mind whilst waiting for hes check up, hes running round me know driving me crazy and eating never been better. :wave: thanks guys
xx

awww jess, bless his cottons...

which vets do u use? you should try Norwood, they r fantastic xxx

we use end cottage in howden usually but we tried a new , that in beverley a little bit far from here also do you still work for hawt ? x

Squidgy was swollen, and we were given antibiotics just in case of infection.
Hope he's ok.

Looks normal to me, and the fact he's hopping around being his normal self is an excellent sign.

I will say that vets don't get taught a great deal on rabbits in their basic training but they do get taught to de-plum a male rabbit, its one of the simplest ops to do as its almost classed as non invasive as they don't go into the body. So, I'm sure all is fine. :D

Give Jess snuggles from us.

we use end cottage in howden usually but we tried a new , that in beverley a little bit far from here also do you still work for hawt ? x

I haven't been for a while, will be going once work settles down tho..

yeah it is its on NOrwood in Bev ha.

its a really good vets, takes bout 20mins in the car but well worth it.

my next door neighbour used Kingston on Bev road until recently x

Turns out I was wrong, ah well, never had a boy come back from de-plumming looking like that, guess it depends on the individual bun. :?

I had 2 boys done at the same time and when they came back their plums looked as per normal. After a few days the swelling went down and and there were no plums at all. I reckon you are just seeing swelling there.

Turns out I was wrong, ah well, never had a boy come back from de-plumming looking like that, guess it depends on the individual bun. :?

well id of thought they was something wrong too because all boys iv taken never come back like that before :oops:

I haven't been for a while, will be going once work settles down tho..

yeah it is its on NOrwood in Bev ha.

its a really good vets, takes bout 20mins in the car but well worth it.

my next door neighbour used Kingston on Bev road until recently x

well if you happen to go sometime soon, have a look at millie and masiey the bunnies for me i have fallen in love with them hehehe i dont think i dare go down, cause ill have they snap up straight away :lol:

The picture is normal, when Monty and Bernie came back, 1 of the ball is swollen. The reason is the blood is filled in that area, in about 10 days, it will be gone, but do the following:

1) if there is any other rabbits, then isolate your bunny w/ the others, because when rabbits fight, they loves to bite the other's ball, in your case, you bun just have the surgery w/ blood in that area, so you don't want any fight

2) Use 2 ice tube in a plastic bag, twice a day, for 15 min. each, by putting the swollen bag in between the 2 ice tubes, repeat for the other ball. The ice will greatly reduce the swelling

Back