• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie aged 9+

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I have had Rosie my dutch for 9 years.I got her from a breeder.She had been returned to the breeder as the owner had got fed up with her.Then the breeder said she was infertile so she didnt want her.She was roughly a year old when i got her maybe more.She was identical to the rabbit i had whilst growing up.Hopper:D.Today i put her in the run and she looked so old and is a bit thin:cry:I have scrubbed her hutch and made her home all cosy and bought her some new toys and gave her a huge cuddle.I noticed the fur on her nose was a little thin.I shall keep an eye on her,might pop her to the vets for a check up.She is eating and drinking and looks ok,just a bit like an old lady.Maybe she will live until she is 12!I hope so

Jackie

I have had Rosie my dutch for 9 years.I got her from a breeder.She had been returned to the breeder as the owner had got fed up with her.Then the breeder said she was infertile so she didnt want her.She was roughly a year old when i got her maybe more.She was identical to the rabbit i had whilst growing up.Hopper:D.Today i put her in the run and she looked so old and is a bit thin:cry:I have scrubbed her hutch and made her home all cosy and bought her some new toys and gave her a huge cuddle.I noticed the fur on her nose was a little thin.I shall keep an eye on her,might pop her to the vets for a check up.She is eating and drinking and looks ok,just a bit like an old lady.Maybe she will live until she is 12!I hope so

Jackie

Awww don’t worry too much about it. Old rabbits do get thin and frail it’s pretty normal. If she has lived to be 9 then she must be healthy.

Mops is seven and already avting like an old lady :lol: she can't bebothered now to get up to antics ike she used to do when she waas younger but now prefers a cuddle and a carrot or two lol x

My little madame Lilly was twelve when she died (last month)

She started looking old at about 7, every winter i thought this is the year she's going to die. She was very thin and frail unless you tried to remover her food bowl. She was so grumpy right till the end when she was PTS with a severe case of e-cuniculi and head tilt.

Sandy is going to be 13 this year looks like a youngster!

Back