• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horsey pics from today XxX

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Well today I went to meet a forum member and her horse! It was amazing, it gave me an insight on how much work a horse is- I can't wait 'till I get one :D
We went to the fields to catch him and his companion and we led them back to the stables, gave him a quick groom then took him into the flat part of the field and lunged him :D Then we gave him a break and went to prepare the morning and evening feeds (some of those vitamin supplements smell horrible :lol: especially the blood liquid for anemic horsies!) anyway, i chopped alot of carrots lol then we filled the hay nets and hung them up and started to muck out the stables. Then we went into the feild to see the other four horses which was fun. The yard is a rescue centre for horsies so we saw all the rescues aswell :lol: lots of lovely TBs!!! and a 52 year old donkey :shock:
anyway, well done for getting this far :lol: here are the piccies!

Disney:
003.jpg

Red:
004-1.jpg

Red again:
006.jpg

Me and Red Posing:
010.jpg

Me and Red again:
009.jpg

Badger:
013.jpg

Sounds like a fun day and the horses are just lovely!!

I have 2 horses and yes they are very very hard work... but totally worth it.

i get up at 6.30am every morning and don't get home till 7 or much later if i ride in the evening then i have to look after all my pigs and buns!!

hence my house is a mess but I wouldn't (couldn't) have it any other way!!

Bit of advise, spend as much time as you can with other people's horses before you get your own and learn as much as you can cause it will help enourmously. i have been riding for over 24 years and have my own horses for a long time and still i am learning stuff.

xxx

Back