• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to locate supplier of Hay...

honey61

Mama Doe
Could anyone in the Cambridgeshire (north west) area recommend where I can purchase baled meadow hay please?
I am relatively new to the area & going round in ever decreasing circles, also never had to purchase in bulk before.
Have tried several places so far (via helpful vet) but to no avail :cry:
Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place. :oops:

Have you tried looking in Yellow pages for farm shops? Or you could try phoning local stables and ask if they could recommend anywhere (mine recommended the farm shop down the road from them)

Have tried several farm shops & famr supplies place locally, but none have dust free. Will try some stables... at least their are plenty around with Newmarket just up the road :)

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

Mine just do normal hay and I can't say I find it dusty. I store mine in a seperate shed to the buns and just put as much as I need for the day into a carrierbag at feeding time so any small amount of dust will get shaken out as such by doing this, but I've never had any problems with it

Thanks for the tip :)

Have just telephoned a place between Ely & Cambridge & they sell baled dust free ... yippee.....
Daft thing is I drive past the place everytime I go to Cambridge & have never realised it was a farm shop :oops: I think the excitement has fuddled my brain.:D

Back