• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding fees

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Hi
In the summer we are gong on holiday for two weeks. I have seen a really good boarding service howver for a single bunster it costs £70 for two weeks. Is this alot ?? I only want the best for her as she is used to a shed.

thankyou x

what's that per night? it's normally about £3/4.

we're paying £5 per night for a pair, so it will be £45 for a week (which is 9 nights so we take the buns in the day before we go and pick them up the day after we get back)

Hi,

If you think it is worth it then it is.

You would pay an awful lot more for a cat or dog, so why not a decent amout for a bunny?

I went to view facilites for boarding in a petshop the other day and it was in what looked like an old coal celler and the hutches were stacked on top of each other. Not for me I was polite and left.

It was cheap though! but cheap is not normally good.

Regards

Maureen

well that is what i thought aswell and they are not only a boarding service but also a rescue. So i think some of the money would go to the rescue side of things aswell x

do you think it is quite expensive ?? Is there anbody else that does rabbit boarding services in the berkshire area?? x

You're probably better off asking a local forum member to look after her. I'd offer but I'm away in Summer/might not even be living in the area by then! But I've bunnysat before and never charge (unless they were 'customers' carried over from when I petsat at an old petshop job - and then the money I get only gets spent on my lot :roll:)

It really does depend on the area, down this way its anything between £3.50 to £7 a day per bun :D

It is considerably more than what we would charge for 2 weeks, but there are regional variations in prices and down south does tend to be dearer than up here. I suppose it all depends what you are getting for your money and if you are happy to pay it.

I guess it doesn't make much difference if you've got one rabbit or two sharing. They are still taking up one accommodation slot at the boarding facility.

Tamsin it does:) They might only be taking up one hutch if they are bonded , but if the cost includes food etc there is the extra food and hay , plus the extra care (bum checking, grooming etc) we also do a complete change of our hutches daily, but some dont and 2 buns make more mess than one;) Having said that we dont charge full price for 2 buns and only charge £1 for anything over that (such as a bonded trio)E.g £3.50 for single bun £5 a pair or £6 a trio:D

We charge £2.00 per day and 50p extra for a bonded pair, we groom , check bottoms etc , change hutches , fresh food and have room for each rabbit to out in a run most if not all of the day,
but do know some places are very expensive, mainly down south but there are some pet shops too that charge alot.

do you think it is quite expensive ?? Is there anbody else that does rabbit boarding services in the berkshire area?? x

For me I wouldn't care about the price just that they were getting the best care possible and that I felt happy and safe about leaving them there.
Have you been given any references from people who have used them before, do they have regular boarders, which vet do they use are you happy with them using that vet?
Are they used to dealing with sick rabbits?
If they are a rescue I'm guessing they will be very qualified in dealing with poorly buns :(

I've never boarded my buns but as you can tell I'm a paranoid bunny mum :)
and they are the thoughts that would go through my head :)
What's your gut feeling :)

I agree that it should be more about the care and knowledge of the boarder, rather than the price. I know not everybody is in that position financially but you're hardly going to have a good holiday if you're fretting every minute about the buns!

Hi, I think thats a good price, I take mine to Claire at Doe Drop Inn http://www.doedropinn.co.uk/which is £12 a night for 2 buns in a chalet, or £8 a night for two buns in an Inn (smaller than a chalet). This includes excel, veg and hay. Its a tiny bit extra if you have house bunnies and want the chalets fully heated in the winter.

I'd pay twice this much, simply for knowing that they are safe and being well looked after.

I didn't mean to look at if i was just worried about the price btw :) and she will be staying in a shed so i think i may go for it as i know that she will be well looked after there only got to ask mum and dad. However i have £50 left from christmas money which will contribute. Thankyou all x

Back