• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

funky indoor cages?

laura&alex

Young Bun
anyone know where i can get an interesting rabbit cage?

i have an indoor rabbit and she has a big dog cage - but it is ugly, i want something a little nicer looking - can anyone recommend anywhere i can get one?

im not much help but you can get pink dog crates on ebay, i ordered Lola one but i cancelled it when we decided to get her a partner, i didn't want him getting a complex:lol: I'm not sure you can find many 'funky' cages that will be as big as a dog crate

Maybe you could get a dog crate with a different finish...? Like this pink one...

3_door_pink.jpg

yeh thats the one i ordered, they were out of stock for a month and in that time we decided to get a boy bun so pink was no good.lol. i think they are great tho:D

You could always decorate the crate a bit? Can't say I paid that much attention to how my crates looked indoors but buying some nice colourful houses, littertrays, toys etc and maybe getting one of those pretty "My bunny lives here" type plaques to hang above the door will make it a bit more visually appealing to you?

Hi :wave:

I don't think the omlet cages are at all appropraite for rabbits to be honest.

I think its more important that the living conditions for the rabbit are met, rather than the look, but if you can get both, fab :thumb:

I think its more important that the living conditions for the rabbit are met, rather than the look, but if you can get both, fab :thumb:

i agree.. but my rabbit has the run of the house and rarely goes in her cage - she uses a cat igloo to sleep in and i was thinking of something a bit nicer to look at - so she still has a base.

i think she was a dog in a past life, she follows me everywhere x

Of course but i dont know what the person who is asking about funky cages buns are like, also not sure anybody would spend that much money on it...was a wee joke!!!:D

yep iwas gong to say personilize to make it appear like your bunnys house. That is what i am doing this summer with Mopsshed :)

i agree.. but my rabbit has the run of the house and rarely goes in her cage - she uses a cat igloo to sleep in and i was thinking of something a bit nicer to look at - so she still has a base.

i think she was a dog in a past life, she follows me everywhere x

Awwww, bless, she sounds adorable. I like the pink crate but depends how girlie you are :lol: I know it would be a defo no no from my hubbie

I have got 2 of the biggest indoor cages that PAH sell for my 2. I had a big puppy crate but found it was a nightmare to keep clean and tidy because my 2 would wee on the mats that were down and make a right mess. I find the indoor cages a lot easy because I fill it with shavings and then cover 3/4 of it with hay, its great because they can make as much mess as they want!! Also they are easier to move around than a massive puppy crate x

If you're not using it to shut them in then I recommend a cardboard box :) You can get them in lots of different shapes/sizes, decorate it to your hearts content, your rabbit can decorate it to and when you get bored they are cheap to replace :lol:

The other option (a bit more posh) is converted furniture e.g. a sideboard with the doors replaced with mesh. Or mesh around the legs of a table. You can get powder coated mesh (or paint it) to make it look more attractive.

Tam

I would buy an indoor hutch from happyhutch, and paint it - the sky is the limit to how funky it could turn out :D

Back